Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Road Cycling
Reload this Page >

Trek financing ?

Search
Notices
Road Cycling “It is by riding a bicycle that you learn the contours of a country best, since you have to sweat up the hills and coast down them. Thus you remember them as they actually are, while in a motor car only a high hill impresses you, and you have no such accurate remembrance of country you have driven through as you gain by riding a bicycle.” -- Ernest Hemingway

Trek financing ?

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-08, 09:25 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Trek financing ?

Simple question for anyone who has used Trek's financing card program. Can you buy non-Trek products from a Trek dealership with it? My brother decided he needed a Trek and applied for one and was approved. This is his first bike, and after I showed him that there are other brands out there (shocker!!) he's decided he wants something else. A lot of Trek dealers sell other brands, so will they accept it for other bikes?

From Trek's website:
"The Trek Card offers you the chance to increase your buying power with affordable financing plans. This card is accepted at over 1200 authorized Trek dealers nationwide."

I could ask Trek or a dealer, but seeing as it's 10pm it's faster just to ask you guys.
Old 07-22-08, 09:50 PM
Headset-press carrier

Bikes: Kona with Campy 8, Lynskey Ti with Rival, Bianchi pista, Raleigh Team Frame with SRAM Red, Specialized Stump Jumper, Surley Big Dummy

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
GE Money owns all of these "Store" cards and financing schemes! I think it could be applied to others but I have seen it with other brand financing before -- that's in music retail though.
Old 07-22-08, 10:18 PM
anything but last

Bikes: Cannondale caad9 full duraace`, trek soho singlespeed...cross bike coming soon.

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
i work at a trek dealership and basically we pay to use the financing service therefore you can use the card for anything in the store. it is not done through ge money its done through world financial i think, same kind of set up though. its nice to do 12 months same as cash on the card, just dont get ****ed with the interest.
Old 07-22-08, 10:44 PM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanks, rOOster14.
Old 07-23-08, 07:18 AM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I purchased through Trek Financing... I bought a Scott.
Old 07-23-08, 07:21 AM
Lost

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 48 Post(s)
Liked 113 Times in 45 Posts
i dont know what the trek financing "deal" is, but anytime i've ever bought anything big which i didnt want to pay cash for, i opened up any random CC which gives free interest for a year and paid it off before then.
Old 07-23-08, 08:12 AM
30 YR Wrench

Bikes: Waterford R-33, Madone 6.5, Trek 520

Liked 3 Times in 2 Posts
OK, how 'bout some facts, folks?

The Trek Card is administered by World Financial Network National Bank (WFNNB).

Dealers can determine the terms. That is, whether it is 30, 90, 180 or 365 days.

Most plans are deferred interest, deferred payments. Pay off before the due date and pay no interest.

The dealer doesn't receive any cut of the interest-we actually have to pay the discount rate. In other words, if you want to finance that $3000 Cervelo for a year, and I say yes, WFNNB will deduct about $170 from the total before they send me my money.

Need more info? Click here.
Old 07-23-08, 08:20 AM

Bikes: Scott CR1 Home Spun

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
I bought a Specialized Tarmac with Trek financing with 6 months no interest. Easy peasy.