Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Clydesdales/Athenas (200+ lb / 91+ kg)
Reload this Page >

Nebraska company encourages fitness

Search
Notices
Clydesdales/Athenas (200+ lb / 91+ kg) Looking to lose that spare tire? Ideal weight 200+? Frustrated being a large cyclist in a sport geared for the ultra-light? Learn about the bikes and parts that can take the abuse of a heavier cyclist, how to keep your body going while losing the weight, and get support from others who've been successful.

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-08, 12:53 PM
Neil_B

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Quoted: Post(s)

https://www.cnn.com/2008/HEALTH/diet....any/index.html

No mention of bikes, though.

Old 07-27-08, 02:49 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I've got a few friends who work there. One of them just got a new Surly steamroller and was reimbursed for it by the company.
Old 07-27-08, 03:11 PM
Mr. Frowny Man

Bikes: 2009 Giant Yukon single speed;2014 Foam Green Surly CrossCheck

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
I had one of their hiring HR people in a class I was taking for my B.S. and she said that almost as large a part of the hiring process has to do with health and personality as it does fitness for the job at hand. They have tiers of fitness and moving up from one tier to another unlocks other benefits. The top tier (or maybe top 2, I don't remember) go on a peaking trip to Colorado every year, on the company.

I took a lot of cues from them when I put together a proposal to start a wellness program at my workplace (think mostly programmers and caffeine!). I showed how the decreased premium could be used to both boost morale and base wage, provide a pool of money to pay for gym memberships for everyone at the Y system (with one about 3 blocks away-the newest one with the best equipment and a climbing wall, even) and still have some left over to provide a higher bottom line at the end of the year.

No one really bit, work or Mgt. I was ticked.

Last edited by Alathea; 07-27-08 at 03:15 PM.
Old 07-28-08, 07:27 AM
Chubby super biker

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Yup, they pretty much rule in that regard. They even have their own (really sweet looking) team kit!