Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Electronics, Lighting, & Gadgets
Reload this Page >

Edge 705 "Back to Start"

Search
Notices
Electronics, Lighting, & Gadgets HRM, GPS, MP3, HID. Whether it's got an acronym or not, here's where you'll find discussions on all sorts of tools, toys and gadgets.

Edge 705 "Back to Start"

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-08, 04:25 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 34 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Edge 705 "Back to Start"

Using "Back to Start" do you have to backtrack perfectly for this feature to work? Example it your starting point is A and one goes A to B to C to D to C and at C hit "Back to Start". Does it take you back to D then to C, B, A?

I hope that makes sense.

If it is the case is there a work around so that you don't have to backtrack perfectly?

buddy
Old 07-29-08, 09:37 AM

Bikes: Madone 6.9 w/ Record Carbon, Look KG461, De Rosa

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Not exactly sure how it works on the 705 as I have not tested it. I know that with the 305 it would do it that way.

Give it a try next time you are out. If all alse fails you can go to the map screen. Use the thumb stick to scroll to the your start location and press enter. It will then let you select that spot and go to it.
Old 07-29-08, 02:05 PM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
if you have the navagation maps installed it will route the best way it can find. it won't take you back to previous points unless they are on the most efficient route.
Old 07-29-08, 08:15 PM
Gone riding...

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
actually I found today that it routes you back using your previous route...so, in my case, I'm at the beach this week and I started out on street A, traveled down to the end of Ocean Blvd (N. Myrtle Beach, SC) on street B then went 10 miles up all the way to the end of street B. On the return trip, still on street B, I chose to try the "back to start" option because I blew the sidewall on my tire and needed to head back. This routing took me all the way down street b again and then back up to street A although I passed Street A on the way down...I obviously didn't follow the recommended route.