Go Back  Bike Forums > Community Connections > Regional Discussions > Eastern Canada
Reload this Page >

Biking around Montreal and Quebec City

Search
Notices
Eastern Canada New Brunswick | Newfoundland and Labrador | Nova Scotia | Ontario | Prince Edward Island | Quebec

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-08, 03:37 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions for cycling in and around Montreal and Quebec City. I will be staying in Montreal for 1 night and want to cycle in the morning (wouldn't mind climbs). I will be staying across from Quebec City for 2 nights and the same thing applies.

Any advice would be much appreciated. I intend to bike for about 2-3 hours each day.

Thanks in advance
Old 08-01-08, 07:59 AM

Bikes: 97 Rocky Mountain Whistler commuter/tourer - 04 Devinci Phantom hardtail - 89 Italo-Japanese road bike - 2010 Pivot Mach 429 29er - Rocky Mountain Blizzard Fatbike

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Hello RoadieRookie,

if you want some good climbs around Qc city, I encourage you to make this circuit: it is called Les Équerres (https://www.velocarte.com/notre-dame-...ntides_03.html if you need a traduction I can help). This is one of the classic rides in the hills north of town. You can also take the road 138 in Beauport (le Chemin Royal) and foll0w it to Mont Saint-Anne. If you want a short ride, I suggest you to cycle along the old city, take the ferry to Lévis and cycle back west along the Saint-Lawrence, take the Pont de Québec and "Samuel-de-Champlain" promenade along the north bank of the river to get back downtown. An easy 30k, sometimes crowded in weekends but very smooth and lovely.

For rides around Mtl, I dont know much, but there are some nice circuits to do around the island of Mtl (going west to Pointe-Claire), lots of bike lanes and bike paths. Try the velo.qc.ca webiste for more info.

Cheers!

Caroline )
Old 08-04-08, 12:29 PM

Quoted: 170 Post(s)
Liked 156 Times in 99 Posts
Originally Posted by Roadierookie
I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions for cycling in and around Montreal and Quebec City. I will be staying in Montreal for 1 night and want to cycle in the morning (wouldn't mind climbs). I will be staying across from Quebec City for 2 nights and the same thing applies.

Any advice would be much appreciated. I intend to bike for about 2-3 hours each day.

Thanks in advance
Just got back. Check out my same question a few weeks back
https://www.bikeforums.net/eastern-canada/431103-best-bike-trail-near-montreal-quebec.html
Both cities have great biking along the rivers. Quebec has St. Charles and St Lawrence and the Jacque Cartier trail(route Verte). Montreal has the Lachine Canal that runs 50 miles(I think) as well as really nice bike paths in the city. Free bike maps can be found at the information centers. Look for the blue signs with the huge question mark. Enjoy, Charlie
Old 08-04-08, 11:27 PM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Hi,

If you are staying downtown Montreal, a classic is the womens world cup circuit. For a city loop, it is about as good as it gets:

https://www.coupe-du-monde-cyclisme.o...07parcours.gif

There is one nice climb with grade between 4-10%.

Best regards,

Michel
https://www.freetrainingplan.com