Search
Notices
Clydesdales/Athenas (200+ lb / 91+ kg) Looking to lose that spare tire? Ideal weight 200+? Frustrated being a large cyclist in a sport geared for the ultra-light? Learn about the bikes and parts that can take the abuse of a heavier cyclist, how to keep your body going while losing the weight, and get support from others who've been successful.

Personal Best

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-08, 08:33 PM
www.markreynoldsfund.org

Bikes: 1993 Titanium Miyata Elevation 8000, Scattante XRL

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Personal Best

So I hit the trail tonight only planning on an easy 15 or so miles. At the first road crossing I was right behind a very fit looking guy and girl in Ragbrai jerseys and decided they would be good to try and pace. We took off up a long 4 mile false flat, I picked a gear and spun it at 90. They pulled ahead but I was able to keep them at about 50 feet ahead. I paced them for about 6 miles until they pulled off at thier car. I felt good so I thought i would just keep going. I pushed it one gear harder on each section than I usually do, kept my cadence between 90 and 100 and finished the ride strong but tired at an average speed of 15.8 mph.for 25 miles. I thought I did pretty good last week on this loop at 14.6.

Please donate to the Mark Reynolds Memorial First Bike Fund at www.markreynoldsfund.org
Old 08-19-08, 02:01 PM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Always nice to best oneself. Congratulations!
Old 08-19-08, 05:46 PM
Dwindling Roadie

Bikes: Cannondale Caad8 R1000, '80's Cannondale (The Beast), Diamondback Topanga Hardtail MTB

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Awesome! That's the kind of thing worth getting excited about!

Originally Posted by Mudu93
So I hit the trail tonight only planning on an easy 15 or so miles. At the first road crossing I was right behind a very fit looking guy and girl in Ragbrai jerseys and decided they would be good to try and pace. We took off up a long 4 mile false flat, I picked a gear and spun it at 90. They pulled ahead but I was able to keep them at about 50 feet ahead. I paced them for about 6 miles until they pulled off at thier car. I felt good so I thought i would just keep going. I pushed it one gear harder on each section than I usually do, kept my cadence between 90 and 100 and finished the ride strong but tired at an average speed of 15.8 mph.for 25 miles. I thought I did pretty good last week on this loop at 14.6.
Old 08-19-08, 07:20 PM
aka Phil Jungels

Bikes: 08 Specialized Crosstrail Sport, 05 Sirrus Comp

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 202 Post(s)
Liked 86 Times in 60 Posts
I'll bet that it sure made you feel good!
Old 08-19-08, 07:47 PM
Rabbit Habbit!

Bikes: Specialized Sirrus 08

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Great Job! Its always good to "follow" a fit girl on a bike! I've know to pull leg muscles and limp for a week!

Jerry
Old 08-20-08, 05:13 AM
bcc
Large Member

Bikes: 2008 Cannondale Bad Boy 700

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Jerry in So IL
Great Job! Its always good to "follow" a fit girl on a bike! I've know to pull leg muscles and limp for a week!
It's too easy to end up not watching where you're going and riding through massive potholes though
Old 08-20-08, 05:44 AM
I'm a Cyclist!

Bikes: Specialized Dolce Elite

Liked 2 Times in 1 Post
Cool Beans...great ride!