Go Back  Bike Forums > Community Connections > Introductions
Reload this Page >

Greetings from Buffalo

Search
Notices
Introductions Welcome to the BikeForums community! Please introduce yourself to other forum members here.

Greetings from Buffalo

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-08, 11:14 AM

Bikes: Haluzak Leprechaun, Ti-Rush, Azor Oma, Jamis Coda

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Greetings from Buffalo

Hi, all. I have been reading the Bike Forums all this summer but am new to posting. I've got two and a half bikes: a new Azor Oma (big Dutch commuter bike); an older Jamis Coda; and (on its way to me from its first owner on the west coast) a Haluzak Leprechaun (SWB USS recumbent). I'd never been able to ride the Jamis as much as I wanted because neck, shoulder, and wrist problems made it hard for me to sustain the posture the bike required. I'd swapped new handlebars and risers in and out, several times, but nothing ever worked. So when I learned last year that there were indeed bikes out there that I could ride without pain I began investigating eagerly. Though my bicycle muscles aren't well built up yet, I think I should soon be able to use the Azor for commuting to school (I teach). If I get really courageous I'll try the Haluzak for that too, in fair weather; but I expect it will be better in more lightly-trafficked areas. The next challenge will be figuring out how to bring my dog with me without getting both of us killed. But first things first.
Old 08-22-08, 12:08 PM
Bicycle Utopian

Bikes: Bianchi Campione d'Italia, Softride Qualifier, Ritchey Breakaway Cyclocross

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Welcome, inkblot. I'm interested to hear how the Oma turns out. My co-author at AustinBikeBlog just ordered the Azor Secret Service (on on that here: https://austinbikeblog.org/?p=332). We should be getting next week and will do a review, but I'd love to hear what others think.
Old 08-23-08, 05:59 AM
Lanky Lass

Location: Take a deep breath, and ask--What would Sheldon do?

Bikes: Nishiki Nut! International, Pro, Olympic 12, Sport mixte, and others too numerous to mention.

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts
Hello inkblot--do you have photos of the bikes? I don't think I've ever seen either the Azor Oma, or the Haluzak.

Welcome to BikeForums, and don't hesistate to send me a PM if you have any questions .

East Hill
Forum Moderator
Old 08-23-08, 03:14 PM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanks, bikinpolitico and East Hill. So far the Oma has been just marvelous. Mass need not imply solidity, but the mass of this bike feels absolutely solid, indeed muscular. I could almost be riding a horse rather than a bicycle. The recumbent, when it comes, will be another thing altogether, and I am looking forward to its arrival.

Bikinpolitico, I looked at the AustinBikeBlog and liked what I saw very much. It's going into my bookmark folder.

I've attached a photo of my Azor Oma and a picture clipped from the web (since the bike itself is not yet here to be photographed) of the Haluzak Leprechaun.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
_DSC4353.jpg (68.1 KB, 5 views)
File Type: gif
Haluzak_Leprechaun_04.gif (15.9 KB, 3 views)
Old 08-23-08, 06:44 PM
SA[in]NE

Bikes: Trek 7200

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Hey, neighbor (I'm in Kenmore)

I went the same way with my communter, I need something that wouldn't kill my back. Found just what I was looking for and (knock on wood) I haven't had a spasm all summer.
Old 08-23-08, 10:47 PM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Hi, FredOak. Yes, I agree: biking is much better when you're not in pain. Kenmore is a lovely place to ride; you're lucky to live there.
Old 08-24-08, 09:06 AM
Lanky Lass

Location: Take a deep breath, and ask--What would Sheldon do?

Bikes: Nishiki Nut! International, Pro, Olympic 12, Sport mixte, and others too numerous to mention.

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts
Wow, those two bikes are like complete opposites of the cycling spectrum, aren't they?

East Hill
Old 08-24-08, 07:46 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Hey there and welcome to the forums. It is nice to see more non-NYC people from New York on here. There isn't anything wrong with NYC people but that just isn't anywhere near me! At least I have been to Buffalo and through Buffalo a good deal. Stick around!