Go Back  Bike Forums > Community Connections > Regional Discussions > Pacific Northwest
Reload this Page >

Improvements to SR410 for cyclists

Notices
Pacific Northwest Idaho | Oregon | Washington | Alaska

Old 08-25-08, 11:41 AM

Bikes: Marin Pt. Reyes, Gary Fisher HiFi Pro, Easy Racers Gold Rush recumbent, Cannondale F600

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Last weekend I drove SR410 between Enumclaw and Naches for some hiking and mountain biking, and saw that the state has made some improvements in the road that help cyclists in its western and eastern sections. Between Enumclaw and the Crystal Mountain turnoff, there are now "bicycles on road" signs in a couple places, and rumble strips are being installed along the foglines- leaving a wide shoulder for cyclists. On the east side, the road has been widened in several places between the Little Naches River junction and the SR12 junction, with wide shoulders painted in. In between, over Chinook and Cayuse Passes, it's still a white-knuckle ride with rough pavement and no shoulders, but what scenery! Last Sunday night as I was driving west over those passes, traffic was light enough that even that stretch didn't look so bad. I wouldn't want to try it in the middle of the day, though.
Old 08-29-08, 09:19 AM

Bikes: 06 Specialized Roubaix Elete Triple

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
That's good to know. Thanks.
I was just thinking about heading up that way soon