Notices
Cyclocross and Gravelbiking (Recreational) This has to be the most physically intense sport ever invented. It's high speed bicycle racing on a short off road course or riding the off pavement rides on gravel like : "Unbound Gravel". We also have a dedicated Racing forum for the Cyclocross Hard Core Racers.

salsa la cruz?

Old 08-29-08, 08:00 AM
Beefcake the Mighty

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
salsa la cruz?

talk me out of spending money I don't have (my wife doesn't care). I was looking to get a cx bike and looked at the crosscheck and volpe, but am really leaning towards the salsa la cruz. I like the fact it has better components and disk brakes. Is the la cruz much lighter than the cheaper bikes? Also for those who have a la cruz, how much did you spend?
Thanks,
Old 08-29-08, 09:04 AM

Bikes: Kona Jake (2006)

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
What's your rationale for getting disc brakes? I upgraded the Shortys on my original bike (Kona Jake) to Tektro CR720's and they have provided all the stopping power I could want.

The $1600 a La Cruz costs could also buy a lot of bike. For a little less than that, I was able to get a Van Dessel Hole Shot with SRAM Rival, which I've been very happy with. Redline Conquest Pro's with Rival are available online for $1,300. If you want steel, then maybe a Soma?
Old 08-29-08, 09:15 AM
Beefcake the Mighty

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by knucklesandwich
What's your rationale for getting disc brakes? I upgraded the Shortys on my original bike (Kona Jake) to Tektro CR720's and they have provided all the stopping power I could want.

The $1600 a La Cruz costs could also buy a lot of bike. For a little less than that, I was able to get a Van Dessel Hole Shot with SRAM Rival, which I've been very happy with. Redline Conquest Pro's with Rival are available online for $1,300. If you want steel, then maybe a Soma?
I have a 10 mile ride to work everyday and I think the disks would help some for rainy days in the traffic. Also I think I'm getting to old for mountain biking, so I'll probably sell it and replace it with this for some light trail riding.
Old 08-29-08, 11:08 AM

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
I don't own one, but I think the La Cruz gives you plenty for your $1600. Sweet TT OX frame, well-spec'd, and Salsa customer service to stand behind it. For trail riding, I've seen pictures of La Cruz's with 44mm Mutanoraptors. If you want to know more, try the Salsa forum at MTBR.com. The boys from Salsa regularly reply to questions there, though they may be busy with interbike currently.
Old 08-30-08, 09:30 AM
I Love My Dream

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Please please don't spend the money.
Old 08-30-08, 01:21 PM
Beefcake the Mighty

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Saddle Up
Please please don't spend the money.
to late, I just put a down payment on it. should be ready friday. I only reason i could think of not to buy this bike was the money and what the hell, money is just paper. :-P