Search
Notices
Introductions Welcome to the BikeForums community! Please introduce yourself to other forum members here.

BettyOK

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-08, 11:22 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
BettyOK

Just bought a Giant Sedona for fun and exercise. Need to lose 50lbs so the bike will go along with weight watchers. Lost the weight before by going to the gym but haven't gone in two years so gained the weight back. Exercise is what works and have been wanting to ride for some time but afraid to commit and spend the money to have it sit in my garage. Anyway, I'm determined. Seat kills my butt but nothing will stop me so looking for alternative seat. Only put about 10 short miles on but no it will increase as I get more comfortable.
Live in Albany but born and bred in NYC. METS and JETS. Always athletic but with all the extra weight feel awkward and uncoordinated.
Lots of parks and bike trails here so I'm psyched.
I found this site and am sure many have same goals. Never one for support groups (I have a shrink for that) but maybe this time it will keep me motivated.
I work for the State of NY dealing with Children and Families, child abuse, adoption, human rights, etc.
That's enuf for now. When I get a chance I'll really navigate this site and learn about some of you.
Old 08-31-08, 06:40 PM
Lanky Lass

Location: Take a deep breath, and ask--What would Sheldon do?

Bikes: Nishiki Nut! International, Pro, Olympic 12, Sport mixte, and others too numerous to mention.

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts
Hello BettyOK, glad to have you here, and yes, there are a lot of people with similar goals. You may find that the saddle pain goes away after a couple of weeks, once your rear end toughens up...

Welcome to BF, and feel free to PM me with any questions !

East Hill
Forum Moderator