Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Electric Bikes
Reload this Page >

Need a Crystalyte controller replacement

Search
Notices
Electric Bikes Here's a place to discuss ebikes, from home grown to high-tech.

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-08, 09:40 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Hi all,

I've got a 408/4011 dual winding Crystalyte motor. I burned up the MOSFETS on the controller riding slowly for too long it seems like.

I've been looking around for a replacement. I'm seeing that the connectors have changed on the newer controllers. I'm looking for a controller that is quick start and can carry 36V-72V.

If you have any suggested dealers or good replacement controllers, I could use the info. Thanks.
Old 09-05-08, 09:49 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
KellyController sells some very hardy brushless ebike controllers. My favorite feature is that they sense current to the phases instead of from the battery. This basically means that you can hold the throttle on full at a standstill and you wont ever fry your controller. Pretty much the only way to fry one is to get a bad one, dead out of the box, or miswire it. They offer a 1 year warrenty and a 1 month change your mind thingy, where you can send it back within 30 days if you dont like it.

They also have rather helpful technical support, as far as i can tell the guy that does it for them speaks correctly formed english, but his accent is a little thick so sometimes that part is a little difficult. They really arent that much more expensive then the crystalyte you started with, but the quality appears to be night and day. I would recomend that you get the ebike assembly from them while you're at it, since it will eliminate incorrect wiring that you might do yourself.

Or you could just replace the fets in your old controller. Ebikes.ca sells them, or you could check digikey/mouser/newark