Search
Notices
Fifty Plus (50+) Share the victories, challenges, successes and special concerns of bicyclists 50 and older. Especially useful for those entering or reentering bicycling.

O Happy Day

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-08, 04:45 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
O Happy Day

Tomorrow promises to be one of perhaps my best five days of the year. As of
05:00 am. I’m on a six day weekend, yippee!

The bride and I loaded the EZ Tandem into the Van this afternoon in anticipation of a “Pie Ride with The Bride” tomorrow. Following an early breakfast with my sweetie at our local diner, we’ll be taking my Tacoma back to the dealership in exchange for a nice check from Toyota Motors which will pay down my home equity loan. Then the Pie Ride, with pics if I remember to bring the camera.

Breakfast, a check from an auto company, paying off a big loan, a ride with the bride and pie all in one day. I hope this old ticker can handle all that excitement packed into such a short period of time.

Sunday we pack for an escape to the Thousand Islands and Old Forge area for three days.
Thursday will be a rest day, on one of the recumbents no doubt.

Friday is back to work, oh woe is me.
Old 09-19-08, 05:27 PM
His Brain is Gone!

Bikes: RANS Stratus, Bridgestone CB-1, Trek 7600, Sun EZ-Rider AX, Fuji Absolute 1.0, Cayne Rambler 3

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Sounds like a great day is in store. Hope it goes well for you.

I'm in the midst of a 30 DAY BREAK !!! I negotiated it as part of my change in jobs. Today is Day 7, only 23 more days to go (darn, sure wish I could write only 37 more days to go, or 51 more days to go).

Tomorrow I'll make my pie ride on the Badger Trail, the one that runs just down the street from my house.

On Sunday I'm hoping to head over to Lanesboro, MN to ride the Root River Trail for 4 days, then on to Trempealeau, WI to ride the Great River Trail for 2 days.

There are two types of road bikers: bikers who are faster than me, and me. Bruce Cameron - Denver Post
Old 09-19-08, 06:16 PM
Senior Member ??

Bikes: 2007 Trek Madone 5.0 WSD - 2007 Trek 4300 WSD - 2008 Trek 520 - 2014 Catrike Trail

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Sounds like a great day, cranky. Don't forget that camera

I'll be doing two rides tomorrow and I'm hoping for pie after each. Tomorrow morning is the regular Saturday morning program with the parks followed by coffee and pie or pastry. Tomorrow night it's a moonlight ride on a section of the Little Miami Scenic Trail in our neighboring county. I'm sure there will be coffee and pie afterward.

Enjoy the little things in life, for one day you may look back and realize they were the big things.
-- Antonio Smith