Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Bicycle Mechanics
Reload this Page >

Stronglight Activ Link Install

Search
Notices
Bicycle Mechanics Broken bottom bracket? Tacoed wheel? If you're having problems with your bicycle, or just need help fixing a flat, drop in here for the latest on bicycle mechanics & bicycle maintenance.

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-08, 12:57 PM

Bikes: Too many...

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Cross posted from another forum:

quick question, I recently decided to move my ISIS vulcans over to my Look and pick up a set of Fission CT2s for my Lynsky. My question is in regards to the installation instructions on the website/in the box and reality, basically they don't match. According to the instructions the bearings are installed into the cups during assembly and also the inner sleeve is installed during the insertion of the drive side crank/axle. Not the case with my Fissions. Both bearings are already installed in the cups and the inner spacer can't be installed with the crank/axle assembly b/c it's the same diameter at the inner portion of the bearing. I'm assuming with this set up you install both cups with the spacer in between and then slide the crank assembly together. My issue with this is that is is a very tight fit. The cranks don't slide nicely throught the bearings at all. Before I go forcing the issue, does anyone have a good technique for activ link installs? Has anyone else run int these differences? Thanks in advance!

JR
Old 09-29-08, 06:50 PM

Bikes: Too many...

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
bump
Old 02-07-09, 10:45 PM
You got carbon what?

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I'm trying to install a set RIGHT NOW and I'm have the same problem. I can't get a straight answer anywhere. I've emailed stronglight and it seems they don't even know how to instal them. I've got a word file with pics that they emailed me that is not the same, and contrary to the instructions in the box with the crankset. It's amazing to me that they can make a crankset and not provide accurate installation instructions. It should not be this difficult. Oh and in my experience, don't even think about actually torquing these cups to spec...if you do, they'll barely turn. I'm just about resolved to just doing it all by "feel" and hopefully they don't fall apart. I can't even get anyone to explain the Activ Link concept. What kind of concept does a loose spacer servce inside the bottom bracket? I don't get it. It's a great looking set of cranks and quite light, but I'm very frustrated with support on this product...I'm finding out the hard way that it's basically non-existent. Sheesh. Glad I got that off my chest! LOL
Old 02-08-09, 01:37 AM
A little North of Hell

Quoted: 71 Post(s)
Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
I don't know how much difference there is between your BB and the Z'light BB.

https://www.stronglight.com/stronglig...kgauche.an.pdf

Edit-Here it is.

https://www.stronglight.com/stronglig...pulsion.an.pdf