Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > General Cycling Discussion
Reload this Page >

Nike Cycling Swoosh Glove

Notices
General Cycling Discussion Have a cycling related question or comment that doesn't fit in one of the other specialty forums? Drop on in and post in here! When possible, please select the forum above that most fits your post!

Old 03-10-04, 08:14 AM

Bikes: Cervelo Soliost

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Does anyone use this glove, anyone have reviews?
Old 03-11-04, 08:48 AM
Don't Believe the Hype

Bikes: 1999 Steelman SR525, 2002 Lightspeed Ultimate, 1988 Trek 830, 2008 Scott Addict

Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
i do. it isn't very warm. i use a thin glove then cover it with the oversized 'nike swoosh' glove. i'll admit that i bought it for its looks, not its function.

i also will wear a plastic baggie on each hand then wear the 'nike swoosh' glove.

i think the nike people were thinking breathability and ventilation over warmth on this one.
Old 03-11-04, 08:57 AM

Bikes: Klein QP, Fuji touring, Surly Cross Check, BCH City bike

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 1485 Post(s)
Liked 73 Times in 64 Posts
I don't buy Nike under any circumstances. Don't like the company..When, I have bought their running shoes in the past, I thought the construction cheap.
Don't buy from a company where 1/4 of their budget goes for promotion by using big sports names. I see the swosh, I run the other way. New Balance for me.
Old 03-11-04, 09:00 AM

Bikes: Cervelo Soliost

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I will not buy Nike Sneakers Ever again, they are cheap crap. I liked the look of the gloves. I prefer Asics sneakers, once you wear them you cant go back to anything else.
Old 03-11-04, 12:15 PM
The Cycling Photographer

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by cyclezealot
I don't buy Nike under any circumstances. Don't like the company..When, I have bought their running shoes in the past, I thought the construction cheap.
Don't buy from a company where 1/4 of their budget goes for promotion by using big sports names. I see the swosh, I run the other way. New Balance for me.
I hear that... their cycling shoes are ok... not as nice as my Sidi's... I too wear mostly new balance... fit me better... I have slightly narrow feet, and even the Nike's are too Narrow for me

jeff
Old 03-15-04, 04:28 AM

Bikes: Batavus Pro road bike, Generic alu. mountainbike. Oh and an ELite Volare Mag trainer for the cold months.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
No Nike for me either thanks! I'll keep myself to cycling companies that don't have the wealth of a small country built upon labour exploitation. I'd much rather give my money to a small enthusiastic company that truly care about the sport they manufacture for than to a global multinational who view everything as product.

*rant mode off*

;-)