Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Alt Bike Culture
Reload this Page >

How should I build a Tall bike Joust?

Notices
Alt Bike Culture Chopped, dropped, stretched, lifted, and otherwise cut up and put back together. The art and science of choppers, cruisers, lowriders and the vast world of mutant bicycles.

Old 10-03-08, 08:26 AM
Car Free Member

Bikes: lots of old bikes

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

My local alt bike community has decided to throw a Tall bike joust exhibition...Ive watched a couple things on you tube, and seen plenty of pictures, but I'm still not sure whats used specifically to make the joust itself. Is it just an ten foot piece of PVC pipe with a bit of padding duct taped to the end?
Anyway let me know what youve used, What works and what doesnt?

-Chetti
Old 10-03-08, 12:07 PM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Buy the black pvc not the white stuff. It is way lighter and doesn't shatter. then just duct tape a ball of foam/teddybears/boxinggloves to the end. It is sorta tricky, start with a small ball and build it bigger. The tendency is to not protect the tip enough.
Old 10-11-08, 04:03 PM
*****es love tarck

Bikes: so many

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Capn ¡FUN!
Buy the black pvc not the white stuff. It is way lighter and doesn't shatter. then just duct tape a ball of foam/teddybears/boxinggloves to the end. It is sorta tricky, start with a small ball and build it bigger. The tendency is to not protect the tip enough.
That's how he did it and they worked just great. Much pain and suffering was had by all.

And just a side note, the black stuff isn't PVC (Polyvinyl Chloride) , it's ABS (Acylonitrile Butadine Styrene). PVC is stronger but more brittle. ABS is indeed better for stuff like this, as it will flex without breaking. I have built my share of padded weaponry in the past, and a tater gun or two along the way as well.

Last edited by kemmer; 10-11-08 at 04:11 PM.
Old 10-12-08, 06:51 AM

Bikes: a crappy doubletallbike, an atomic zombie spincycle, a homemade swingbike, a chopper, and many unfinished projects

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
i used to be heavey into tater guns but i noticed their online forums are toally agressive and mean