Search
Notices
Training & Nutrition Learn how to develop a training schedule that's good for you. What should you eat and drink on your ride? Learn everything you need to know about training and nutrition here.

Trim Spa

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-04, 09:40 PM

Bikes: Trek 1500

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Trim Spa

Have any of you ever tried this (for weight loss)? If so, please share your experience with me.. Considering it!
Old 03-12-04, 06:23 AM

Bikes: GT ZR400 w/mavic wheels

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Sweetness
Have any of you ever tried this (for weight loss)? If so, please share your experience with me.. Considering it!

Don't use anything like this you'll pay for it in the end.What happens is you use this stuff for a while and it works but you still haven't really learned good eating habits which are important for long term weight loss.This is just a quick fix!! By using somthing like this your body gets dependant on it as a stimulate for your metabolism. So as a result when you go off it your metabolism bottoms out and your worse off than before. This was my experience with effedra.I liked the extra energy it gave me.I liked the way it cut my appitite but I knew I was burning the candle at both ends.Plus you don't know the side effects that it might have on you. Don't take a chance.You have the strength to do this on your own!!

Good Luck
Robin
Old 03-16-04, 01:49 PM

Bikes: 2003 Diamondback Apex; 1998 Gary Fisher Kaitai (commuter)

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Successful, long term weight loss doesn't come in a pill. Stay away from it, or your health will pay.
Old 03-16-04, 02:16 PM

Bikes: 2004 Trek 4600 SS, 2016 Cannondale Cujo 2 SS

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
the only pill anyone should take is a multi vitamin. DO NOT USE diet pills, unless you like not sleeping and being hungry all the time. Teach yourself how to eat right and know your body. You will learn, trust me. I lost 80 pounds by doing this.
Old 03-16-04, 06:14 PM
The Cycling Photographer

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I say go for it... but be informed about it... you need to eat right and exercise, but the Trimspa will help speed this along... and since it is Ephedra free, it should not pose a major health risk like Ephedra can.

I know I am going against everyone else here... but when I was nearly 40 lbs. heavier, I started to eat better, go to the gym, run a bit... I tried Xenadrine (then it still had Ephedra).. I ended up going from about 195 down to 159, at my lowest point... but the key was, I followed the instructions on the bottle, I ate healthy, and exercised... after the bottle was gone... about 6 weeks or so... I did gain back about 5-8 lbs... but it wasn;t too bad...

Good luck.. let us know what you decided to do

jeff
Old 03-17-04, 02:18 AM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by SipperPhoto
I say go for it... but be informed about it... you need to eat right and exercise, but the Trimspa will help speed this along... and since it is Ephedra free, it should not pose a major health risk like Ephedra can.

I know I am going against everyone else here... but when I was nearly 40 lbs. heavier, I started to eat better, go to the gym, run a bit... I tried Xenadrine (then it still had Ephedra).. I ended up going from about 195 down to 159, at my lowest point... but the key was, I followed the instructions on the bottle, I ate healthy, and exercised... after the bottle was gone... about 6 weeks or so... I did gain back about 5-8 lbs... but it wasn;t too bad...

Good luck.. let us know what you decided to do

jeff
Thanks for the input! I took Stacker 3s, horribley beyond the recommended dosage, a little over a year ago..and lost weight like crazy. Since then I have joined a gym, taken up cycling & promised my boyfriend to never take Ephedra again. Laugh I am 5'9" & 145 now, I only want to lose 10 lbs, but I am stuck in a rut. I figured TrimSpa is (as you mentioned) Ephedra free and much less harsh than Stackers. I think I may give it a go.. Spring is on it's way, so maybe that will be enough boost to push me through the rut instead. Haven't decided yet, we will see Thanks again everyone!!

~Jean
Old 03-17-04, 07:44 AM
Gravity Is Yer Friend

Bikes: Scott Gambler, Scott Ransom, Kona Bear, Bianchi 928 Carbon/Chorus, C'Dale Rize4

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I am 5'9" & 145 now, I only want to lose 10 lbs,
At this size, if you are actively working out, I would suggest judging your self by the amount of body fat and measurements. The reason for this is that your weight may be from muscle and not fat, even if you are not ripped.

Old 03-17-04, 12:02 PM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by dirtbikedude
At this size, if you are actively working out, I would suggest judging your self by the amount of body fat and measurements. The reason for this is that your weight may be from muscle and not fat, even if you are not ripped.

I think you may be correct, as I have been told the same thing from friends & family a lot. Argh, it's just frustrating... muscle doesn't jiggle! I feel like a walking bowl of jello. LOL. I need to tone more, but I don't feel like I am getting anywhere.