Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Mountain Biking
Reload this Page >

great ride!

Search
Notices
Mountain Biking Mountain biking is one of the fastest growing sports in the world. Check out this forum to discuss the latest tips, tricks, gear and equipment in the world of mountain biking.

great ride!

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-04, 06:24 PM

Bikes: Devinci Guzzler, 04 Canadian version

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
great ride!

wow what a ride today.found some new twists to some old trails that Isabell made a mess of.there is a patch of woods near my house that are a great place to hone the skills but Isabell ripped em up pretty bad.i have been able to get in and out but trails are not what they used to be,today i figured id try some variations to see if things were any better such as leaves or branches falling to be able to pass unpassable stuff.boy howdy had things changed with the passing of a couple of weeks.1 creek had overflowed and washed a big log out of the way so you come down a big hill and at the bottom is a 4'wide mud hole of a creek SPLAT, then up another muddy hill to the top. was about 100 yards of steep mud on either side with roots to jump 3' easy air till i got near the creek then it was real skinny getting thru creek.rode it till i could not even walk up it any more then hit some other trails in there after a breather and man o man has that place changed for the better!most of yall may find this trail system lame or too easy but its got 30' hills,berms galore,creeks,swampwater,roots out the yingyang,and an area near the back called the coasters cuz its up and down and twisty like a roller coaster but only about 40-50' at tallest place but you can get sideways in some curves cuz the berms are so big.now it has a large hill witha creekcrossing at the bottom.i think i am in mt bike heaven.did i mention mud?this place is such a find i hope it never gets turned into a mall or houses like so much of va.is doing.thanks for lettiing me rant i just had to share and ask if any have had such an experience or favorite place to ride that you want to share
Old 03-18-04, 06:57 PM
Still kicking.

Bikes: Bike Count: Rising.

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 159 Post(s)
Liked 46 Times in 32 Posts
Sounds like fun.
Old 03-19-04, 09:05 AM

Bikes: Lots

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Tas, take your camera next time! Sounds like fun!

L8R
"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming, "WOW, What a Ride!" - unknown
"Your Bike Sucks" - Sky Yaeger
Old 03-22-04, 05:54 PM

Bikes: Devinci Guzzler, 04 Canadian version

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
i wish i had a digital camera after that day.never saw a need before but i was thinking the same thing "man i wish i had a digital camera cuz this is too good to be true and i need to see it again to believe"been back since but it was not as good i dont know why it just didnt hook up as well.contract comes up on cellphone next month may get a camera on my next phone.if not ill get one some kinda way.