Search
Notices
Cyclocross and Gravelbiking (Recreational) This has to be the most physically intense sport ever invented. It's high speed bicycle racing on a short off road course or riding the off pavement rides on gravel like : "Unbound Gravel". We also have a dedicated Racing forum for the Cyclocross Hard Core Racers.

Voodoo Limba

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-08, 08:44 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Voodoo Limba

Hello, I'm considering purchasing a Voodoo Limba for winter training and potentially cx racing. Any feedback on this model? Having a tough time finding any reviews online...Thanks.
Old 11-04-08, 09:10 PM
anything but last

Bikes: Cannondale caad9 full duraace`, trek soho singlespeed...cross bike coming soon.

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
im thinking about buying the same thing. just gotta get the cash in order.
i think its a solid frame and im willing to put my money into it.
Old 11-05-08, 02:22 PM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I just snagged one of the older Scandium ones with the sliding dropouts off Ebay for my wife. Building it up as a single-speed as soon as I get some new brakes for it. Only drawback so far is that the rear spacing is 135mm.

-Couch
Old 11-05-08, 07:30 PM
Good Mechanic. Bad Racer.

Bikes: Voodoo bondye Schwinn Homegrown pro BMC CX02

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I built mine about 6 weeks ago, and I really enjoy it. The paint does chip off of the drive side stay, because of the chain. Other than that, I have no complaints. I have ridden two practice cross races on it and have also been commuting to work/gym everyday. Go for it.
Old 11-10-08, 08:27 PM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Limba

Great, thanks MattCatt ... really appreciate the feedback. I'm going to order mine tomorrow!
Old 11-11-08, 04:22 PM
There is Love in Velo

Bikes: VooDoo limba, look 585, Litespeed ghisallo

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by CouchingTiger
I just snagged one of the older Scandium ones with the sliding dropouts off Ebay for my wife. Building it up as a single-speed as soon as I get some new brakes for it. Only drawback so far is that the rear spacing is 135mm.

-Couch
About the rear spacing.. I do have the same frameset and it's a 130mm rear dropout spacing.

I've had this bike for over a year now and I am very happy with it. You can build it into any configuration that fits your riding needs. My build has went from a multi-geared CX bike with canti brakes to Fixed gear with Canti and now, Single speed with Disc brakes.

Old 11-14-08, 08:26 AM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Sweet rig. Not sure why they have the different spacing in the rear. I just built the bike up this week and it's actually pretty sweet. The sliding drops, with the wide spacing, make chain adjustment a little finicky as you have the rear under tension so when you back the bolts off on the sliding drops, it gets kinda funky. I'd thought about disc's also. If I find a light set of wheels maybe I'll swap it.

Here's a pix.

Mike
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
limba_02a.jpg (97.0 KB, 49 views)
Old 11-15-08, 12:39 PM
anything but last

Bikes: Cannondale caad9 full duraace`, trek soho singlespeed...cross bike coming soon.

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
i finally ordered my limba frame, it should hopefully be here wednesday or thursday. i am pretty pumped.