Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Winter Cycling
Reload this Page >

Cheap tights.....

Search
Notices
Winter Cycling Don't let snow and ice discourage you this winter. The key element to year-round cycling is proper attire! Check out this winter cycling forum to chat with other ice bike fanatics.

Cheap tights.....

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-08, 06:21 PM

Bikes: 2001-Brodie Spark, 2005-Trek 2200

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Cheap tights.....

For Canadians only....Sorry my southern friends. Go to your nearest Loblaws grocery store and check out the Joe Fresh clothing. Ten dollars for spandex tights and tops. That's right TEN DOLLARS!!!! This stuff rocks!!! I refuse to pay $70+ for cycling specific tights. If you look for function over fashion these are for you!!
Old 11-10-08, 07:31 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by artimus
For Canadians only....Sorry my southern friends. Go to your nearest Loblaws grocery store and check out the Joe Fresh clothing. Ten dollars for spandex tights and tops. That's right TEN DOLLARS!!!! This stuff rocks!!! I refuse to pay $70+ for cycling specific tights. If you look for function over fashion these are for you!!
Sounds like a good deal. I have found however, that cheap tights do not work for me as they are not warm and wind resistant enough for cycling. So I would have to wear three pairs increasing the cost and binding my knee. YMMV.
Old 11-10-08, 07:42 PM

Bikes: 2001-Brodie Spark, 2005-Trek 2200

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
These are the tights that I use for my daily commute. Agreed that you do have to layer them for the colder days (I'm wearing a pair of light weight thermals under them), but for the ride home I can drop the base layer. I don't know for much longer though. BBBRRRRR