Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Advocacy & Safety
Reload this Page >

Bad accident along road

Search
Notices
Advocacy & Safety Cyclists should expect and demand safe accommodation on every public road, just as do all other users. Discuss your bicycle advocacy and safety concerns here.

Bad accident along road

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-08, 12:23 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Bad accident along road

HI,
we have a nice rural road that some local high school kids in a car were killed on possiably from speeding and having a head on collision with a van,
Could you imagine if they had came around a corner an hit a few to 12 bike riders instead, many clubs use that route to ride.
There needs to be a way to ride your bike safely without taking so much risk I always become very nervous on the roads that have a lot of curves and are 2 lanes. Many cars will pass on a curve to pass bikes.
Doug
https://hamptonroads.com/2008/11/thre...lem-road-beach
Old 11-16-08, 03:02 PM
Cycle Year Round

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 1316 Post(s)
Liked 92 Times in 59 Posts
Seems the kids took themselves out of the mix. So the roads are now safer.
Old 11-16-08, 03:41 PM
What is this demonry?!

Bikes: KHS Aero Comp.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by CB HI
Seems the kids took themselves out of the mix. So the roads are now safer.
all clear boss, but kids are getting worse and worse these days....I feel no sympathy, I'd be a bit upset if they were my friends but it still wouldn't change my mindset that they were complete morons. I drove like that for a year...got into an accident, totaled both cars involved but both of us walked away unscathed. Ever since then I ride my bike a lot more and drive carefully and since I am very attentive on my bike it has transferred to my driving. Riding a bike on the road should really be a prerequisite for a drivers lisense, but I don't see that happening.