Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Tandem Cycling
Reload this Page >

Need help installing Travel-Agent

Search
Notices
Tandem Cycling A bicycle built for two. Want to find out more about this wonderful world of tandems? Check out this forum to talk with other tandem enthusiasts. Captains and stokers welcome!

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-08, 10:53 AM

Bikes: Kestrel Talon; Giant NRS Air; Litespeed Tuscany; Burley Rivazza; Cerverlo RS; BMC SLX01; Litespeed C1r, Merckx Corsa 01, Schwinn Traveller, Brompton M6L

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts

Posted this in the Bicycle Mechanics Forum too but did not get an answer. Hoping somebody here will know.

I replaced my handlebar and shifters and need help installing the Travel Agent back on to the V Brakes. I forgot to note how the cable is routed and how it sits in the relaxed position. Thus this post. My bad.

Looks like the cable enters through the inner hole from the top and goes through the smaller disk then to the outer disk through the small hole in the disk and out at the bottom to the V-Brakes. When the brake is not engaged the disk should be positioned so that the little hole in the disk that sends the cable from the smaller disk to the bigger disk should sit horizontally. This position should allow the disk to rotate freely and not interfere with the inbound cable. Did I get it right?
Old 11-19-08, 10:59 AM
hors category

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked 5 Times in 5 Posts
Originally Posted by rishardh
Posted this in the Bicycle Mechanics Forum too but did not get an answer. Hoping somebody here will know. Did I get it right?
Sounds pretty close but since a picture is worth a thousand words, here's a link to the installation instructions: https://www.problemsolversbike.com/im...agent_inst.pdf

Assuming you're using drop-bar brake levers you'll want to follow the second set of instructions. There is also an illustration of the proper cable routing and cable exit hole alignment.
Old 11-19-08, 02:36 PM

Bikes: Kestrel Talon; Giant NRS Air; Litespeed Tuscany; Burley Rivazza; Cerverlo RS; BMC SLX01; Litespeed C1r, Merckx Corsa 01, Schwinn Traveller, Brompton M6L

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Thanks T'Geek! That's exactly what I wanted. I googled and went through pages and pages and could not find any material. I even tried Sir Sheldon Brown. Yes they are drop bars and I'm giving SRAM Force a try.
Old 11-20-08, 09:12 AM
Riding Heaven's Highwayson the grand tour

Bikes: '10 C'Dale Tandem RT2. '07 Trek Tandem T2000, '10 Epic Marathon MTB, '12 Rocky Mountain Element 950 MTB, '95 C'dale R900, "04 Giant DS 2 '07 Kona Jake the Snake, '95 Nishiki Backroads

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
For anyone interested, these Travel agents are a super little mechanical device that have performed flawlessly for us. The key to consistent trouble free performance is insuring they are set up exactly as the instructions show with particular attention to insure that the 'bridging hole' is in the two o'clock position when they are in their relaxed position.

Bill J.
Old 11-21-08, 05:24 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I simply wanted to add for anyone interested in purchasing travel agents the model with the barrel adjusters is absolutely the way to go! On my tandem the left brake lever controls the drum brake while the right controls both front and rear v-brakes via a wishbone cable splitter. The inline barrel adjusters allow the brakes to be adjust independantly of one another, making setup and fine tuning a breeze!
Old 11-21-08, 07:48 AM

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Installed it yesterday and works like a charm. Mine did not have a barrel adjuster but I added an in-line adjusters that tags to the cable housing. Thanks everyone for your input.