Search
Notices
Mountain - Plains Colorado | Kansas | Missouri | Montana | North Dakota | Nebraska | South Dakota | Utah | Wyoming

Denver bike shops

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-08, 12:20 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Denver bike shops

Hey, moving to Denver from Longmont on Wednesday, and need a wheel rebuilt. I am looking for a cool new bike shop to toss my money. Looking for an old school type shop, or a place specializing in track/fixies. I live near high, and colfax so a place somewhat close would be cool.
Old 11-22-08, 02:35 PM
Crankenstein

Bikes: Novara Randonee (TankerBelle)

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
My favorite shop is Cycle Analyst on the 700 block of South Pearl st. Awesome little shop.

Definitely worth checking out!
"There is no greater wonder than the way the face and character of a woman fit so perfectly in a man's mind, and stay there, and he could never tell you why. It just seems it was the thing he most wanted." Robert Louis Stevenson
Old 11-23-08, 07:26 PM
Mountain Goat

Bikes: Cannondale Synapse 3 Carbon

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
You will be pretty close to Salvagetti. They do a lot of fixie stuff there. There are too many shops to name. I generally choose a shop by what I need, because they all have different brands and specialties. For my last build, a fixed-gear, I went with a Torelli frame, so I went to Schwab Cycles out in Lakewood because they sold Torelli. They built some real nice wheels on Dimension hubs for me. $20 labor per wheel.
Old 11-23-08, 11:32 PM
BikeForums Founder

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Who has the best mechanics?
Old 11-24-08, 12:16 AM
Crankenstein

Bikes: Novara Randonee (TankerBelle)

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Originally Posted by dark13star
You will be pretty close to Salvagetti. They do a lot of fixie stuff there. There are too many shops to name. I generally choose a shop by what I need, because they all have different brands and specialties. For my last build, a fixed-gear, I went with a Torelli frame, so I went to Schwab Cycles out in Lakewood because they sold Torelli. They built some real nice wheels on Dimension hubs for me. $20 labor per wheel.
I don't like Schwab... they advertise as 'supporting cycling for transportation' but don't have a single bike suitable for utility riding... mostly high end road bikes and when I went in looking for parts they tried to sell me VERY high-dollar parts, while recommending that I just buy a new bike.

Cycle analyst has good prices, a great selection of parts and knowledgeable staff. They were the only shop I talked to that knew that I could use a 9 or 10 speed derailleur on my 7 speed road bike.... everyone else wanted to custom order one (or said that they weren't available and that I should just buy a new bike)
"There is no greater wonder than the way the face and character of a woman fit so perfectly in a man's mind, and stay there, and he could never tell you why. It just seems it was the thing he most wanted." Robert Louis Stevenson
Old 11-24-08, 10:26 AM
sucker for lugs

Bikes: Shogun 800 (had to cull the herd)

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I get a weird vibe from Salvagetti's... If you're gonna get a wheel rebuilt, definitely go with Cycle Analyst. The guys there can be kind of crazy but they definitely know what they're doing.
Old 11-24-08, 03:24 PM
Mountain Goat

Bikes: Cannondale Synapse 3 Carbon

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by bmclaughlin807
I don't like Schwab... they advertise as 'supporting cycling for transportation' but don't have a single bike suitable for utility riding... mostly high end road bikes and when I went in looking for parts they tried to sell me VERY high-dollar parts, while recommending that I just buy a new bike.
Well, I went there looking for a high-end frame, so I guess they met my needs. As I said, I bought one frame and one set of wheels. I let them know that most of the build was coming from ebay parts and they still treated me well.