Go Back  Bike Forums > Community Connections > Regional Discussions > Australia - New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Natural High Adrenalin Dealers - Experiences?

Search
Notices
Australia - New Zealand Australia - New Zealand

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-08, 11:27 AM
hamster with funny pants

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

If you'll pardon a Road forum refugee posting here, I'd like to ask you all (and you Kiwis in particular) some advice.

I have a milestone birthday coming up before too long, and my wife has said that for a present she'll give me a cycling trip. I've always read about how beautiful the South Island of NZ is, so that's where I want to go.

I have taken a couple of these types of trips in the past with a U.S. company called Backroads. I've enjoyed the Backroads trips I've taken very much. Trouble is that their New Zealand trip is just too expensive for me. I've been looking around online for alternatives, and found a Christchurch company called "Natural High Adrenalin Dealers" that has a nice website and offers trips of of the sort I'd like (9-13 days of 60-140km/day, guided) at much more reasonable prices. https://www.naturalhigh.co.nz/

Does anyone here have any experience with this company they can share? Any thoughts about their guides (uniformly nice folks?), accommodations (how are they? I don't need anything swanky - that's what puts Backroads out of my reach on this trip, I think.), and the experience overall would be greatly appreciated. (I'm going to cross post this in the Touring forum.). Also, if folks know of any other touring companies I should check out, please let me know. Thanks very much!
Old 11-30-08, 10:39 PM
shaken, not stirred.

Bikes: I've lost count.

Mentioned: 40 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1412 Post(s)
Liked 971 Times in 390 Posts
Originally Posted by Kuma
If you'll pardon a Road forum refugee posting here, I'd like to ask you all (and you Kiwis in particular) some advice.

I have a milestone birthday coming up before too long, and my wife has said that for a present she'll give me a cycling trip. I've always read about how beautiful the South Island of NZ is, so that's where I want to go.

I have taken a couple of these types of trips in the past with a U.S. company called Backroads. I've enjoyed the Backroads trips I've taken very much. Trouble is that their New Zealand trip is just too expensive for me. I've been looking around online for alternatives, and found a Christchurch company called "Natural High Adrenalin Dealers" that has a nice website and offers trips of of the sort I'd like (9-13 days of 60-140km/day, guided) at much more reasonable prices. https://www.naturalhigh.co.nz/

Does anyone here have any experience with this company they can share? Any thoughts about their guides (uniformly nice folks?), accommodations (how are they? I don't need anything swanky - that's what puts Backroads out of my reach on this trip, I think.), and the experience overall would be greatly appreciated. (I'm going to cross post this in the Touring forum.). Also, if folks know of any other touring companies I should check out, please let me know. Thanks very much!
I haven't used this company (or any company at all) but if they have been around for over 10 years they must be doing something right. I have let to cycle the roads in the south or on the West Coast but they look like nice from the comfort of a car. I have biked down the East Coast from Picton to Christchurch and that was nice.

What time of year would you be planning on coming?

Enjoy your holiday here.

Last edited by gnome; 11-30-08 at 10:39 PM. Reason: grammar