Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Mountain Biking
Reload this Page >

What chainguide?

Search
Notices
Mountain Biking Mountain biking is one of the fastest growing sports in the world. Check out this forum to discuss the latest tips, tricks, gear and equipment in the world of mountain biking.

What chainguide?

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-08, 03:39 PM
Ankles Suck!

Bikes: 2005 Kona Stinky

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
What chainguide?

I am looking for a chainguide for my bike. Ive looked around alot, and havent really figured out which is the right one for me. Right now I have dual chainrings with a bashguard, but eventually plan to switch to a single larger chainring. Is there a chain guide system that can be used dual or single? I need it to hold a fairly large chainring.
Old 12-07-08, 04:35 PM

Bikes: Norco Rampage

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Wait until you get the single ring. The dual ring guides could be run with only one ring but they won't be as effective as a dedicated single ring guide. Gamut, E13, MRP guides all are really good. The MRP G2 is a really good guide and will save you weight with the skid plate bash instead on a heavier crank mounted bash. E13 makes a similar guide but I've read some reviews and people say the MRP is much easier to set up. Gamut is supposed to be good but I am not very familiar with them.
Old 12-07-08, 04:53 PM
Ankles Suck!

Bikes: 2005 Kona Stinky

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanks. What about Truvativ box guides? They make a double and a single one I believe...
Old 12-07-08, 05:42 PM

Bikes: Norco Rampage

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
The have the Box-guide is the single ring guide and the Shift-guide works with a dual ring. They are the same basic design as the E13, MRP guides but I don't think it is as high of quality.