Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Winter Cycling
Reload this Page >

Recommend me some leg warmers

Notices
Winter Cycling Don't let snow and ice discourage you this winter. The key element to year-round cycling is proper attire! Check out this winter cycling forum to chat with other ice bike fanatics.

Old 01-07-09, 01:05 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

So i purchased a pair of pearl izumi leg warmers today (which i wore with pearl izumi shorts...if it makes a difference)...they were great as far as keeping the warmth in and blocking the wind...problem is, after 5 miles i could feel them start to "fall" (they weren't as high up on my leg [under the shorts] as when i started), and by the end of a 25 mile ride, the only thing holding them up were the shorts.

It seems odd that they wouldn't add the dotted rubber along the cuff to keep it in place like they do with their shorts...

either way, any suggestions? i might try specialized...i have their arm warmers and they work out great
Old 01-07-09, 08:20 AM
your god hates me

Bikes: 2016 Richard Sachs, 2010 Carl Strong, 2006 Cannondale Synapse

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 1242 Post(s)
Liked 1,271 Times in 702 Posts
I've had Gore leg warmers for the past three seasons, & I've never had a problem with them falling down.
Old 01-07-09, 09:17 AM
Sensible shoes.

Bikes: A few.

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
The Gore ones might be my next set. I've got some Ibex jobs that have held up (in all respects as it were) very well under considerable use.
Originally Posted by cedricbosch
Why am I in your signature.
Old 01-07-09, 11:35 AM
nashcommguy

Bikes: Commuters: Fuji Delray road, Fuji Discovery mtb...Touring: Softride Traveler...Road: C-dale SR300

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Descente. They were a Christmas present. No probs w/them falling down. Easy to put on as they have zippers facing rearward. Use them w/a set of Craft winter tights when it's really cold.
Old 01-07-09, 01:01 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
DeFeet stay up, are warm and inexpensive. I have the Kneeker Black and have seen equally good reviews of the wool. My LBS only had the non-wool so there was no choice for me. They are great to wear by themselves in the Fall and under tights if it gets too cold for just tights. Also very comfy. They are on their third season and I have no reason to consider any others until these wear out.