Search
Notices
Training & Nutrition Learn how to develop a training schedule that's good for you. What should you eat and drink on your ride? Learn everything you need to know about training and nutrition here.

I Messed up

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-09, 12:43 PM
S E Michigan

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I Messed up

Well like most folks I did it I went and ate stupid for a 3 days and only got to the gym 1 a those ! So now I feel like a puffed up baloon. Being dabetic I can't fast for a day to get back on track . What do you do to get back on track after having a bad couple a days ?? I feel so outa wack when this happens .
Old 01-24-09, 01:03 PM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
If I binge one night, I usually do my best to eat filling and low calorie food all of the next day.

Egg whites with vegetables for breakfast.
Fruit for snacks.
Big salad for lunch (make sure you don't put a heavy dressing on, either).
Vegetable stir-fry for dinner. I like broccoli, cauliflower, collard greens, maybe some tofu, and some snap peas with a light soy sauce on top.
Old 01-24-09, 05:49 PM

Bikes: 2014/17 Trek Domane 5.2, 2003 Fuji Cross, 2019 Trek Fuel EX8 27.5 Plus, 2012 Raleigh XXIX single-speed, 2017 Access Gravel

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked 22 Times in 12 Posts
I tend to not do much of anything to make up for a binge. I just concentrate more on what I eat and how/when I exercise going forward. I do look at maybe why I binged so I don't do it again. Of course, if the binge was because I was out to dinner for a friend's birthday it's no big deal. But sometimes I think a binge is because I was not eating correctly for a few days prior to my little transgression.

If you are staying on course to meet your goals -- whatever they are -- I don't think a day or two of extra calories/fat/sugar/beer are going to hurt in the long run. Say you're trying to lose 30 lbs in 6 months. A year from now it won't matter if it took 6 1/2 months to lose it as long as you keep it off.

Of course, with the OP being diabetic, there will be dietary issues that I don't have to worry about.
Old 01-24-09, 06:46 PM
S E Michigan

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
All I really did was eat the wrong things like I normaly just have oats and some fruit for breakfast ! My wife decided to make a big honking breakfast on her day off and I ate like a damn pig . and to much and or the wrong things at dinner 2 nights . I agree in the long run its nbd but I know better . I may of added a lb or 2 .Iam more mad at myself for skipping the gym 3 days! Roads are just to screwed up to ride so I do the gym in winter . I have lost about 90 lbs since last June . I started at 371 and am about 280 now maybe less but I haven't had a chance to stop bythe Dr office and weigh myself . I try to weigh myself every 4 to 6 weeks .

My goal when I started was to lose down to 250 but since then I have talk to my doc and he thinks 225 for me would be almost perfect . Winter is just killing me thou my bike is what takes the weight off . And of course watch what how and when I eat .

I have so far gotten off insulin and glyburide and only take 2 metformin a day . By end of this yr I hope I can get off all the diabetic pills forever .

Last edited by pipes; 01-24-09 at 06:51 PM.
Old 01-24-09, 08:08 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Wow, congratulations on getting so far!

Don't beat yourself up to much about the "binge". It happens. It's more important to continue eating healthy on average.

Now, missing workouts is a different thing.
Old 01-24-09, 09:13 PM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Dude, you started at 371, and now your around 280. You've lost almost 90 pounds in 7 months. You've gotten off 2 med's and have one to go. Have you stopped long enough to take all that in? Congratualtions!!!!! Forget about the binge. Just move on and keep up with the plan. So what if you put on a couple of pounds. What's more important is that you realize you can't do this all the time. Heck, treat it as a reward. You deserved it. Now, like I said, just move on and keep up with the plan.
Old 01-24-09, 10:58 PM
S E Michigan

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanks for the kind words from all of you ! I was venting here mad at myself . I feel like crap missing the workouts. I have fell off the wagon for a day now and then but never for 3 days . But tommrow is another day . I did have a healthy dinner tonight and WILL be at the gym tommrow . I got a LONG way to go . And its coming off slower now and harder . losing weight I don't gotta tell a lot of you is a SOB specialy in a Michigan winter .
Old 01-25-09, 02:41 PM
Banned.

Liked 12 Times in 10 Posts
Originally Posted by pipes
Thanks for the kind words from all of you ! I was venting here mad at myself . I feel like crap missing the workouts. I have fell off the wagon for a day now and then but never for 3 days . But tommrow is another day . I did have a healthy dinner tonight and WILL be at the gym tommrow . I got a LONG way to go . And its coming off slower now and harder . losing weight I don't gotta tell a lot of you is a SOB specialy in a Michigan winter .

Don't forget that some of that fat is being replaced with muscle. That is one of the reasons your weight loss will be slower. And, you don't want to get rid of the muscle.

Good job.