Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Framebuilders
Reload this Page >

NOVA framebuilder supply

Search
Notices
Framebuilders Thinking about a custom frame? Lugged vs Fillet Brazed. Different Frame materials? Newvex or Pacenti Lugs? why get a custom Road, Mountain, or Track Frame? Got a question about framebuilding? Lets discuss framebuilding at it's finest.

NOVA framebuilder supply

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-09, 02:02 PM
if it ain't broke, fix it

Bikes: bikes, a bunch.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
NOVA framebuilder supply

Let me clarify what occured. Friday we placed an order online. With online orders, you comfirm your CCard info over the phone. Apparently there was another cart open, and they were combined. %100 our fault. Saturday I started this thread and another , and quickly found out everyone has great things to say about NOVA. I spoke with the owner this morning, as he was justifiably upset about me not coming to him first. He explained to what happened and we worked it out. Great guy, great customer service. They've been doing this for 25+ years, and have a great reputation. I am really embarrassed. I feel awful.

-Doug

Last edited by white folks; 02-02-09 at 05:27 PM.
Old 01-31-09, 05:20 PM
Decrepit Member

Bikes: Waterford 953 RS-22, several Paramounts

Mentioned: 71 Post(s)
Quoted: 634 Post(s)
Liked 69 Times in 57 Posts
I've had great luck with Nova. I usually deal with Sandra, and she's quite knowlegeable. I told her I didn't like the website's user interface because I could never be sure I was seeing all of my options, so she e-mailed me a sixteen page pdf of everything they sell (70 line items per page). Shipping has always been prompt and reasonable, and so far there have never been any mistakes or substitutions in what they ship.

My $.02...

my bikes

Science doesn't care what you believe.
Old 01-31-09, 06:02 PM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked 10 Times in 9 Posts
Used them on several occasions. Humans answer the phones, humans who answer questions.
Old 01-31-09, 09:52 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I have been spending tons of money there recently, and have no issues with orders or accounting, the only minor issue I have is no email response from their submission form.

Lon was supposed to call be back for a question I had on the seatstay wishbone, but never did.

Dave
Old 02-01-09, 01:16 AM
Banned.

Bikes: Homebuilt steel

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Quoted: 2193 Post(s)
Liked 425 Times in 337 Posts
Nova is better than they used to be. A few years ago they charged suggested retail prices to non-wholesale customers. Guess they had to expand their market so to speak now that most frames are built in Asia.

My favorite framebuilding parts source is still Bringheli. Web site is pretty poor but Joe is a jewel, a truly helpful guy.
Old 02-01-09, 02:55 PM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I musta just has some bad luck. I spoke with Sandra I think. I'll call Monday. Thanks Guys.
Old 02-02-09, 02:22 PM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
OK, I just got off the phone with my better half (the cardholder) and it was some sort of error, with our cart. She's still on the phone with Lon. He made it right. Stand up guy. I feel like a big jerk (which of course I am) I didnt mean to take a dig at anyone reputation, and went about this all wrong.

Anyways to sink this thread?
Old 02-02-09, 03:27 PM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I am so embarrassed. Let me go into detail about what actually happened. On friday we placed an online order, then confirmed over the phone. I believe what happened is that an old "cart" was open and when we logged in to place the new order it added them together. I don't know why I didn't catch this on the phone. Saturday, I got the email invoice and posted here and on another forum. The experiences other BF and FF members had were overwhelmingly positive, with many other framebuilders having been NOVA clients for over 20 years. I spoke with Lon at NOVA a few minutes ago. We had a good conversation, and straightened everything out. The whole thing could have been avoided if I had just taken a moment and called him directly.

eating humble pie in portland

Doug Sproston
Old 02-02-09, 06:42 PM
Decrepit Member

Bikes: Waterford 953 RS-22, several Paramounts

Mentioned: 71 Post(s)
Quoted: 634 Post(s)
Liked 69 Times in 57 Posts
Doug, I'm glad it worked out. It takes guts to admit a mistake like that and I respect you for your post.

my bikes

Science doesn't care what you believe.