Search
Notices
Clydesdales/Athenas (200+ lb / 91+ kg) Looking to lose that spare tire? Ideal weight 200+? Frustrated being a large cyclist in a sport geared for the ultra-light? Learn about the bikes and parts that can take the abuse of a heavier cyclist, how to keep your body going while losing the weight, and get support from others who've been successful.

I'm on the road now...

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-09, 11:31 AM
40+ Clyde....

Bikes: cheapo Huffy MTB

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I'm on the road now...

Well, I did it. I bought a used 2006 Trek 7.3 FX for $250 USD. It has a "Crowbar" and Dolce Ti seat, with road tires. The former owner threw in the original tires (for light trail use), spare tubes for both types of tires, and the owners manual. It's in very clean good shape. I finally got things adjusted for my body, after buying all kinds of stuff. Shorts, water bottle, seat bag, tools, irons, air pump, etc...It has Diore gearing or is that derailuer? It is a matte gray finish. I'll have to post up a picture once I get the camera back from the wife. Now if I can lose that 25+ pounds, and get back to my fighting weight...LOL....

Happy Pedaling!
Old 02-07-09, 11:37 AM

Bikes: 2020 Veego 750, 2011 Specialized Roubaix Elite, 08 Trek 7200, Very Old Schwinn Cruiser

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
Have fun - bike alot!
Getting a new bike (for you) is a blast!
Old 02-07-09, 11:41 AM
Neil_B

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Quoted: Post(s)
Originally Posted by zr7rider
Well, I did it. I bought a used 2006 Trek 7.3 FX for $250 USD. It has a "Crowbar" and Dolce Ti seat, with road tires. The former owner threw in the original tires (for light trail use), spare tubes for both types of tires, and the owners manual. It's in very clean good shape. I finally got things adjusted for my body, after buying all kinds of stuff. Shorts, water bottle, seat bag, tools, irons, air pump, etc...It has Diore gearing or is that derailuer? It is a matte gray finish. I'll have to post up a picture once I get the camera back from the wife. Now if I can lose that 25+ pounds, and get back to my fighting weight...LOL....

Happy Pedaling!
Congratulations!