Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Training & Nutrition
Reload this Page >

Nashbar or Ascent Trainers

Search
Notices
Training & Nutrition Learn how to develop a training schedule that's good for you. What should you eat and drink on your ride? Learn everything you need to know about training and nutrition here.

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-09, 10:29 AM

Bikes: 2009 Felt z35

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Hey all, I have searched the forums for information but didn't really come up with anything, so I will ask away.

Has anyone had any experience with either Nashbar or Ascent Fluid trainers from Nashbar? I am looking to pick up an inexpensive trainer, now that winter is almost over, I figure they are cheaper now than in the fall before everyone is buying them. I don't race, or anything like that, I am looking for something that I can put in the basement and ride for aerobic endurance and easy base miles over the winter. Before anyone says just ride outside even when it is cold, I have to do most of my riding either before my wife leaves for work, ie 5 AM or after I get home from work, ie 9:30 PM. When it is really cold, I don't like riding in the dark due to the increase chance ice and such.

So back to the question, any suggestions on a trainer for $120 or less, that will allow me to stay in shape and maintain or increase my aerobic conditioning?
Old 03-03-09, 08:12 AM

Bikes: 07 Schwinn Peloton, GT Pantera, PDG Series 3

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I have a travel trac trainer from performance it looks like the exact same as the nashbar one. I like it its pretty quite my girlfriend can sit and talk or watch movie with me when I'm riding on it. They seam pretty stable maybe not as good as the more expensive one but you got to give a little for that price.
Old 03-03-09, 10:25 AM
One speed: FAST !

Bikes: Ebay Bikes... =)

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I got this one on sale for $ 100 +/- a year ago..

I take it with me to warm up for crits, so far so good!