Search
Notices
Mountain - Plains Colorado | Kansas | Missouri | Montana | North Dakota | Nebraska | South Dakota | Utah | Wyoming

Denver Area Group Rides?

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-09, 10:36 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Denver Area Group Rides?

I just moved out to Denver last October, so I didn't get much riding in before winter started, but now that it is warming up a bit and staying light a little later I'm looking for some good group rides. Does anyone know of weekly rides in the Denver area? I live near wash park so the closer to that area the better but I'm open to anything. I'm interested in long weekend rides as well as after work training/practice race rides. Someone was telling me about a practice crit that used to take place in the tech center area but they weren't sure if it was still going on.

Thanks.
Old 03-09-09, 08:52 AM
( 8n(|) DOH!!

Bikes: Scattante R670

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Mob ride. Saturdays and I think Sundays as well. Leaves out Westside Cyclery at 10am.

Practice Crit that you are referring to is the Meridian Park Loop. I-25 and Lincoln. (one light east of I-25, turn left and park somewhere in there) I want to say they start rolling at 6. Don't quote me on it though.

Maybe someone here can offer a little more precise info.

I love noodles.
Old 03-09-09, 06:42 PM

Mentioned: 83 Post(s)
Quoted: 163 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Rocky Mtn Cycling CLub - focus on long distance rides, Saturday usually hilly, SUnday usually less hilly, anyone can ride 3 rides before joining.

THey publish their ride schedule a year in advance and hand out maps at the ride start, so it's good for people who don't know the area. The rides aren't really no-drop, but there are a variety of speeds of riders represented.

https://www.rmccrides.com/

https://www.rmccrides.com/schedulecur...l#topofthepage
Old 03-10-09, 09:35 PM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanks, that wednesday night right starts a few blocks from my house, I'll have to check it out sometime. Pwnt, do you know what night the Meridian Park Loop is?
Old 03-11-09, 02:19 PM

Bikes: 2013, Cannondale Supersix EVO, 2013 Gunnar Hyper-X, 2007 Orbea Onix

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Meridian Office Park Training Rides

I've been told by a few people on my team that the Meridian Office Park rides are on Tuesdays and Thursdays usually from 6-7pm. People meet at the corner of Merdian Blvd. & Diente Court. Here is a Google Map Link.

As far as I know they are an informal show-up-and-ride training ride. They start up once daylight saving time kicks in so they should be going on now, weather permitting of course. I just moved here over the winter so I haven't actually attended any of these rides yet but since I live about a 1/4 mile from the office park I'm sure I'll be there quite often.
Old 03-11-09, 02:39 PM
staring at the mountains

Bikes: Obed GVR, Fairdale Goodship, Salsa Timberjack 29

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 394 Post(s)
Liked 197 Times in 112 Posts
are you looking for more social or (race) club rides?
Old 03-11-09, 02:52 PM
Banned.

Liked 12 Times in 10 Posts
My very long-ago experience with the RMCC is you meet at a point, sign a sheet, they hand you a map, and off you go on your own. Maybe it has changed a bit, but it sure wasn't my cup of tea. If I am going to do that, I would just as soon ride solo.

The Denver Bicycle Touring Club is much more social, with introductions, etc. You might want to keep your eye open for Rex, former president. He operates on a different wave length than I do.
Old 03-11-09, 07:01 PM
Crankenstein

Bikes: Novara Randonee (TankerBelle)

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Originally Posted by DnvrFox
My very long-ago experience with the RMCC is you meet at a point, sign a sheet, they hand you a map, and off you go on your own. Maybe it has changed a bit, but it sure wasn't my cup of tea. If I am going to do that, I would just as soon ride solo.

The Denver Bicycle Touring Club is much more social, with introductions, etc. You might want to keep your eye open for Rex, former president. He operates on a different wave length than I do.
My experience with RMCC was that there was always someone to ride with... and they really took the time to help coach me and give me advice. Sounds like DnvrFox is talking more about the brevets than the regular training rides. Even on those I almost always had someone to ride with.
"There is no greater wonder than the way the face and character of a woman fit so perfectly in a man's mind, and stay there, and he could never tell you why. It just seems it was the thing he most wanted." Robert Louis Stevenson
Old 03-11-09, 07:51 PM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by superdex
are you looking for more social or (race) club rides?
I'm definitely looking for more race/training type rides. The Meridian Park training ride looks like it might be what I'm looking for.
Old 03-11-09, 08:31 PM
Banned.

Liked 12 Times in 10 Posts
Originally Posted by bmclaughlin807
My experience with RMCC was that there was always someone to ride with... and they really took the time to help coach me and give me advice. Sounds like DnvrFox is talking more about the brevets than the regular training rides. Even on those I almost always had someone to ride with.
That is good news!
Old 03-11-09, 08:46 PM
LAJ
So it is

Bikes: Luzerne, 684, Boreas, Wheelhouse, Alize©®, Bayamo, Cayo

Mentioned: 246 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 11402 Post(s)
Liked 4,759 Times in 2,768 Posts
I have ridden with RMCC the past 3 weekends. I look forward to the rides more each week. Great folks, and there is a group for every ability, it seems. The fast guys are fast, but there seems to be always someone to ride with.

I really have no experience with DBTC other than the century they put on many years ago.
Old 03-12-09, 08:39 PM
Crankenstein

Bikes: Novara Randonee (TankerBelle)

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
The first time I rode with RMCC I stayed with the fast group for the first half of the ride... on my 'tank' of a bike, wearing cammo pants and boots. (I didn't realize there were different rides/skills, etc....)

From then on I was 'that kid in the cammies...'

Hehe
"There is no greater wonder than the way the face and character of a woman fit so perfectly in a man's mind, and stay there, and he could never tell you why. It just seems it was the thing he most wanted." Robert Louis Stevenson
Old 03-31-09, 02:52 PM

Bikes: Road and Mountain

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
https://www.meetup.com/Denver-Cycling-Road-and-Mountain/

This is a pretty good place to start.
Old 03-31-09, 02:59 PM

Bikes: Road and Mountain

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by J Squiggles
I've been told by a few people on my team that the Meridian Office Park rides are on Tuesdays and Thursdays usually from 6-7pm. People meet at the corner of Merdian Blvd. & Diente Court. Here is a Google Map Link.

Thanks, that wednesday night right starts a few blocks from my house, I'll have to check it out sometime. Pwnt, do you know what night the Meridian Park Loop is?

I hadn't heard of either of these. So anybody can just show up, beginners too??? This is pretty cool!!