Search
Notices
Introductions Welcome to the BikeForums community! Please introduce yourself to other forum members here.

Hi all

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-09, 01:04 PM
dsw

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Hi all

I'm Dan. I've been riding for many, many years. I still own the first bike I purchased with my own money back in the mid '70s - a 10sp Atala. My garage is now overflowing with the family's bikes that have accumulated over the years. I live in a small town north of Toronto and, sadly the terrain here makes it difficult to ride as a family, so most biking happens while we're on holiday.
Old 03-26-09, 04:14 PM
Lanky Lass

Location: Take a deep breath, and ask--What would Sheldon do?

Bikes: Nishiki Nut! International, Pro, Olympic 12, Sport mixte, and others too numerous to mention.

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts
Hello Dan! What model is your Atala? I have one which was apparently custom built, but which fits me perfectly even though I am not the original owner. It's an absolute dream to ride.

Do you prefer the classic and vintage bikes? If so, come on over and visit us in the Classic & Vintage forum.

Welcome to BikeForums!

East Hill
Old 04-06-09, 04:15 PM
dsw

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanks for the welcome! I've already found this forum is a wealth of knowledge...lots of experience and advice to be found here. I'll be sure to check out the vintage bike section.

Regarding my bike - an interesting question. I've always believed it was a Norstar, given that's how it's marked, but I can't find any record of such a model. The description of the Corsa sounds very close, yellow with Simplex derailleurs, Weinmann 610 brakes.

I don't have much to compare it to, but I always thought it was a wonderful bike and I've certainly logged plenty of miles in the 30-odd years I've been riding it. It has, over the past several years, fallen into disrepair and really, that's what brought me to this forum. I hadn't realized how difficult it would be finding replacement parts, but I've slowly found what I've needed - ordered lots of new parts and I expect it will be fit for riding again by Easter (I hope, anyways).

Dan