Go Back  Bike Forums > Community Connections > Introductions
Reload this Page >

Hello from Cliff in Taplow, England

Search
Notices
Introductions Welcome to the BikeForums community! Please introduce yourself to other forum members here.

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-04, 03:51 AM
cliff

Bikes: Seven Odonata 2003, Bianchi Pro Race 2003, Bianchi steel frame tourer 1979.

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Hi everyone.
My name is Cliff and I live in Taplow in southern England. I ride for fun and fitness and to overtake anyone in front of me (if possible!) Thats not so easy if I get mixed up in someones time trial event, but for some reason I have to prevent as many riders as possible from getting past me. The first time this happened I fell off my bike when I got home cause my legs were so tired! I've only been riding regularly for 2 years - before that life was all martial arts with no time for anything else. I used to ride to work in the early 80s and still have my old steel framed Bianchi from those days, but don't ride it any more. Maybe I will use it for indoor training.
Last year I had the great fortune to finally get enough money to buy any bike I wanted - so I got an Odonata. It was a bit late in life I guess (I was 47) but I've trained hard and my average speed is now in the low 20s on the regular 65 mile sunday route. I've got two goals this year - to exceed 50 mph on a descent and to ride to my Mother's house which is 200 miles away. So far I've managed 110 miles in 7 hours. Maybe I need a bit of training. Maybe I should buy a puncture repair kit.
I'm trying to get a Seven owners club off the ground here in England, but it is a bit slow to say the least. Maybe a Bianchi owners club would be easier! (more potential members)
I'd like to go and do a Tour stage with a few guys next year - so if anybody is interested please let me know!

Cliff
Old 05-19-04, 05:47 AM
Banned.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Liked 12 Times in 10 Posts
Originally Posted by cliff
Last year I had the great fortune to finally get enough money to buy any bike I wanted - so I got an Odonata. It was a bit late in life I guess (I was 47) Cliff
Welcome.

It is NEVER too late in life to buy a new bike. I am 64, wife 66, and we both bought new bikes within the last 6 months.

We have folks in this forum their 80's riding and buying. You are just a youngster!
Old 05-24-04, 04:53 AM
cliff

Bikes: Seven Odonata 2003, Bianchi Pro Race 2003, Bianchi steel frame tourer 1979.

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Hello,
I am "just a youngster!" Thanks for your encouragement, I'll keep on cycling till I can't turn the cranks anymore. In the British magazine Cycling Weekly recently I saw it mentioned that an 80 year old man had celebrated his birthday by riding 80 miles! If I could do that I'd be very happy!
Cliff