Go Back  Bike Forums > Community Connections > Introductions
Reload this Page >

Hi from the Pacific Northwest!

Search
Notices
Introductions Welcome to the BikeForums community! Please introduce yourself to other forum members here.

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-09, 12:48 AM

Bikes: Guerciotti, Rodriguez, GT, etc

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Hi All,

I'm EL from the Seattle suburb of Mill Creek.. I am an avid roadie with a mild fetish for high end pro bikes and gear. Just love to dabble in the realm of esoteric exotic bike components and "serious" professional level bicycles. Love the vintage stuff as well as modern state of art "bike jewelry". You know what I mean!
Carbon bling, Campagnolo, unobtainium (stuff most people can't get their hands on). I was an East Coast kid. Grew up in the concrete canyons of the Big Apple. Got tired of the fast track life, moved to the Seattle area about 10 years ago. Got to unwind and developed the "laid back" lifestyle.

I have owned many bikes in my life time. Fuji, Masi, Cinelli, Guerciotti, and many more. Currently ride an Eddy Merckx Race with a Campy Record 10 Gruppo. Nice ride. Gets me from here to there fairly quickly.
I have been meaning to join the Cascade Bicycle Club, but have not gotten around to it yet.

Love to talk (chat) shop with technical minded roadies who have an appreciation for the higher end bicycles. Love Italian Japanese, English, and American hand-made bikes, both vintage and modern.

I consider myself an "armchair" cyclist. Love to talk the talk, but unfortunately rarely get to do any serious riding. What a shame. I wonder if high end bicycles make for interesting wall art?

Well, take care for now.
Old 04-06-09, 02:29 AM
Unintentional Troll

Bikes: Converted Bianchi Piaggio

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Wohoh!

Hello EL from the Seattle suburb of Mill Creek!
Name's Jerry, just wanted to introduce myself early on seeing as how you are fairly new to the forums (so am I), I myself am just beginning to learn the ins and outs of these road bikes and it's great so far! Unfortunately my sources, in terms of know-how, can only go so far in helping me learn more. I joined the forums with the hopes of filling the vast emptiness that is my brain with this useful knowledge. Having admitted that, I hope not only that I did not embarrass myself, but also that I can make as many "Bikeforum-friends" as possible to fulfill the purpose of being here. Phew that was a mouthful, hehehe. That might as well be a mission statement!
Well other than that, greetings from the Pacific SOUTHwest!
Oh and just to give an idea of how newbie I really am, I've been studying/researching road bicycles for only 2 years and actually riding for 1. The only road bike I own right now is also my first: my precious Bianchi Piaggio. Sorry but I DID get it for the name, it rides pretty sweet anyhow. Anyways, let it begin!..and thanks for reading.
-Jerry