Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Electronics, Lighting, & Gadgets
Reload this Page >

Looking for info from Polar CS200cad Owners

Notices
Electronics, Lighting, & Gadgets HRM, GPS, MP3, HID. Whether it's got an acronym or not, here's where you'll find discussions on all sorts of tools, toys and gadgets.

Old 04-13-09, 06:40 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I'm looking at this computer because of it's accuracy for measuring calorie consumption. I'm currently losing weight and need to keep a balance of fuel in versus expenditure out.

Anyone can weigh in with good or bad about this computer, but please don't turn this into a bashing post.

Thanks,
Bill
Old 04-13-09, 09:32 PM

Bikes: Paris carbon w/Campy

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I used the cs200cad for 3 years with good luck. When the cadence and speed sensor batteries died, I made the switch to the Garmin 305 instead of buying new sensors. Main reasons I switched was for the altitude capability of the Garmin, GPS route tracking, and the fact the Garmin SW works on my MAC. The CS200 computer worked well with no issues but did not care for the Polar SW.
Old 04-14-09, 07:42 PM
Everybody Loves a Fat Guy

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Looking to replace my cs200cad after finding out that when the batteries on sensors go, you have to replace the whole sensor. My bad for not checking first, but never considered the possibility of not being able to replace the batteries. Currently looking at the Sigma Rox 8.0 or 9.0. I would suggest checking that out before pulling the trigger on the polar.

Also, I've read alot about calorie consumption not being to accurate if you aren't getting them from a power meter.....don't know much about that, just what I have read.
Old 04-15-09, 03:44 PM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
It's funny you mention the ROX. That is the other computer that I'm debating over. I will have to re-read the information on the CS200; I thought that the sensor batteries could be changed.

Thanks for the info thus far!