Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Electronics, Lighting, & Gadgets
Reload this Page >

Cateye double wireless max and av speed problems

Search
Notices
Electronics, Lighting, & Gadgets HRM, GPS, MP3, HID. Whether it's got an acronym or not, here's where you'll find discussions on all sorts of tools, toys and gadgets.

Cateye double wireless max and av speed problems

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-09, 10:40 AM

Bikes: Marin Bobcat Trail

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Angry Cateye double wireless max and av speed problems

Hi guys,

I just got a Cateye Strada double wireless RD-400w and its great once I managed to get it working. Now every time I take computer of the mount once I parked the bike at work the Max Speed and Av speed goes to 0. While riding all the data comes through, cadence, speed, mileage max speed etc.

I have been pressing the button down in order to release it from the mount. Is this causing it to zero out? I had a wired model with cadence and the small clip that holds it in the mount broke because I did not press the button down, so I upgraded to this one. Can this data be reset, or whats going on. Its so annoying since it happens on every ride I remove the computer from the mount.

Thanks,

Leo
Old 05-12-09, 11:37 AM

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Don't press down -- that clears all of trip data.

You have to slide it out without any downward pressure. Not hard to do, once you get the hang of it.

The Strada computers don't have a button on the surface. It is on the back side, and the entire computer is hinged in the mount. This means that pressing down on the face pushes the button on the back (a clever design that is hard to explain in type).

When you push down, you are, in effect, clicking the button to go from time, max speed, average speed, etc., and if you push down for longer than a moment, you are telling the Strada to clear the data decks.
Old 05-12-09, 12:19 PM

Bikes: Marin Bobcat Trail

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Hey slimagain,

That makes sense, a friend has the single wireless and thought that's how you dismount it. He doesn't park his bike outside so has no need to remove the Strada off the mount. So I guess I am the one clearing it ^_^. Thanks for the response, and hopefully that's all it is.