Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > General Cycling Discussion
Reload this Page >

ED, prostate, testicular problems from riding?

Search
Notices
General Cycling Discussion Have a cycling related question or comment that doesn't fit in one of the other specialty forums? Drop on in and post in here! When possible, please select the forum above that most fits your post!

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-09, 06:07 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

hello, so i just joined this forum been riding for about a year. im pretty concerned about hearing so much that guys who ride bikes have erectile dysfunction, prostate and testicular problems. ive seen a few posts here but all they mostly say is get a better seat. woundering if i should get one of those with the hole in the middle? i got my seat from a comfort bike, doesnt look sporty but it sure is wider. my question is how much truth is there to guys having these adverse effects from biking??? thanx.
Old 05-12-09, 06:11 PM

Bikes: Specialized Tarmac, Canyon Exceed, Specialized Transition, Ellsworth Roots, Ridley Excalibur

Mentioned: 68 Post(s)
Quoted: 2952 Post(s)
Liked 3,106 Times in 1,417 Posts
Given the number of kids and pregnant wives I see at my races, I'd say no.
Old 05-12-09, 06:14 PM
Out fishing with Annie on his lap, a cigar in one hand and a ginger ale in the other, watching the sunset.

Bikes: Techna Wheelchair and a Sun EZ 3 Recumbent Trike

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked 22 Times in 17 Posts
This topic again? Short answer.....no, there is no statistical correlation. The only study really done was by a urologist and didn't have a control group of noncyclists to compare it to, so the study was flawed from the get go.

"We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of animals." - Immanuel Kant
Old 05-12-09, 06:22 PM
Lance Legweak

Bikes: Felt Z-70, GT RTS-2

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked 20 Times in 16 Posts
I had that problem for years, and it was because of my weight. Nothing would help. I was finally able to lose a bunch of weight and now can ride again. I've tried several seats and have found some that work much better than others. Try a womens saddle as they are a little wider.