Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Touring
Reload this Page >

which bike should I buy?

Search
Notices
Touring Have a dream to ride a bike across your state, across the country, or around the world? Self-contained or fully supported? Trade ideas, adventures, and more in our bicycle touring forum.

which bike should I buy?

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-09, 11:52 AM

Bikes: Surly Steamroller customised fixie and an old GT Zasker

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
which bike should I buy?

Hi, I have just sold my almost new condition, custom built Surly Steamroller fixie, taking quite a financial hit, about 60%. I dont want to do this again. So I would like advice on my next bike. I sold my fixie due to a bit of Osteoarthritis in my 51 year old knees. The Surly was so comfortable on every other dept. I am thinking that I am looking for a pretty much "do everything bike", commuting, cycle paths, shopping and riding for fun. I am not looking to break any speed records.

As comfort is all important and I am thinking that a steel touring bike would fit the brief with the relaxed geometry. I am looking at a Dawes super or ultra galaxy or a Ridgeback panorama, Surly longhaul trucker or a Fahradd T400. Ive got about £900 to spend. Am I barking up the wrong tree or should I be looking at something different, maybe a cyclo cross or city bike.

I would appreciate any views on this.
Cheers
Harry
Old 05-17-09, 12:11 PM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Fahradd T400 look great, Germans really know how to build
Old 05-17-09, 01:12 PM
ah.... sure.

Bikes: Specialized.... schwinn..... enough to fill my needs..

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Since I'm thinking you know your size already...... Why not remove the financial hit with the purchase of a used bike in case you still have problems?