Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Mountain Biking
Reload this Page >

norco 09 rival

Search
Notices
Mountain Biking Mountain biking is one of the fastest growing sports in the world. Check out this forum to discuss the latest tips, tricks, gear and equipment in the world of mountain biking.

norco 09 rival

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-09, 05:39 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
norco 09 rival

i was searching a bit cause im probably going to get a bike this or the next week and came across this bike, i like the design and have heard good things can any1 prove otherwise and if you've had the bike please list some pro's and cons, thanks and its in my price range soo i think i might get it. Im not a insane biker just go for 6 foot table tops on average, maybe 3-5 drop but im more dj and a little bit of trails biker so thanks for all your help you are able to provide (Also im coming from a big 40 pound full suspension bike so its nice to be able to actauly wip the bike around). oh and would this bike fit for my size, i have no clue on sizes, but im around 5,10 to 6 foot. helps appriciated once again.

Last edited by mbiker33; 05-19-09 at 05:42 PM.
Old 05-19-09, 06:45 PM
use your best eye

Bikes: '75 Bertin, '93 Parkpre Team 925, '04 Kona King Kikapu, '05 Bianchi Vigorelli

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by mbiker33
i was searching a bit cause im probably going to get a bike this or the next week and came across this bike, i like the design and have heard good things can any1 prove otherwise and if you've had the bike please list some pro's and cons, thanks and its in my price range soo i think i might get it. Im not a insane biker just go for 6 foot table tops on average, maybe 3-5 drop but im more dj and a little bit of trails biker so thanks for all your help you are able to provide (Also im coming from a big 40 pound full suspension bike so its nice to be able to actauly wip the bike around). oh and would this bike fit for my size, i have no clue on sizes, but im around 5,10 to 6 foot. helps appriciated once again.
What size are you blabbering about?
Old 05-19-09, 07:17 PM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
well the guy said he could get them in 12.5,15,17,18.5,20,22, ordering them

Last edited by mbiker33; 05-19-09 at 07:20 PM.
Old 05-19-09, 07:52 PM
use your best eye

Bikes: '75 Bertin, '93 Parkpre Team 925, '04 Kona King Kikapu, '05 Bianchi Vigorelli

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
well the guy said he could get them in 12.5,15,17,18.5,20,22, ordering them
If you were to come into my (hypothetical) bike shop, I would have you try out the 17 and 18.5, maybe the 20, and go from there.
Old 05-19-09, 07:58 PM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
ok cause my friend has a p2 and he says it a 24 or 26 and its pretty much my size, is their a different measurement for certain companies or in general? if u would have me try a 17 and go from their why is their such a big difference than a 24?
Old 05-19-09, 08:45 PM
use your best eye

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
ok cause my friend has a p2 and he says it a 24 or 26 and its pretty much my size, is their a different measurement for certain companies or in general? if u would have me try a 17 and go from their why is their such a big difference than a 24?
One of us (or both) is getting a bit confused here.

The numbers 24 and 26 probably refer to tire/wheel size (24 inch, 26 inch). A 24" size mountain bike frame would be HUGE and is in fact a rare beast if not impossible to find.

Here is my suggestion to you-

At the top of the opening page of this forum read this and educate yourself a bit- Sticky: Please Read Before asking Question: MTB FAQ.

Also, when you go to the bike shop, they will (if they are any good) try to help fit you on the right sized bike.

Last edited by kenhill3; 05-19-09 at 08:51 PM.
Old 05-20-09, 01:37 PM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
ya thanks, i figured since the guy has had his bike for 2 years and does a lot of biking i think he would know about the sizes hes talking about , guess he got mixed up with the tire and frame, ( sorta hard to do that but what ever) thanks for clearing that up for me, srry and i probably wont be listening to him.