Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Mountain Biking
Reload this Page >

sette carbon

Search
Notices
Mountain Biking Mountain biking is one of the fastest growing sports in the world. Check out this forum to discuss the latest tips, tricks, gear and equipment in the world of mountain biking.

sette carbon

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-09, 05:46 AM

Bikes: lynskey cross 29 er teesdale custom snow bike

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
sette carbon

any one familiar with this price point frame?Seem like a good deal
Old 05-23-09, 05:51 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I saw one on the trail the other day. Looked okay, but the rider said he has had to return it twice for warranty. Cracked a chainstay at the same point both times. Right behind the BB Shell. Carbon bits for MTB are nice, but a whole carbon frame makes me nervous for anything other than XC racing, and even then, no jumps or drops, or big rocks, or roots, or dirt.....

Sette frames are okay, but carbon fiber frames is something I wouldn't cheap out on.
Old 05-23-09, 05:53 AM

Bikes: Pedal Force RS2, Canyon, Basso, Tommaso, Rock Racing, Schwinn, SWOBO, Trek

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Generic re-badge type frame (bike) with run of the mill carbon from either China or Taiwan.
NOT that that's a bad thing since most medium to high end frames are from and made in China or Taiwan.

I believe a number of mail order houses spec Sette.
I bought a Tomasso Aggriazato from a mail order house with a "me too" carbon fiber frame and it is fantastic. NOT a Tomasso like we know it from Italy at all, although very decent quality.