Notices
Clydesdales/Athenas (200+ lb / 91+ kg) Looking to lose that spare tire? Ideal weight 200+? Frustrated being a large cyclist in a sport geared for the ultra-light? Learn about the bikes and parts that can take the abuse of a heavier cyclist, how to keep your body going while losing the weight, and get support from others who've been successful.

Comfort Bike

Old 05-25-09, 01:02 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Comfort Bike

I am 6'6" 300 pounds with a 35 inch inseem and looking for a comfort bike but can not find one big enough. I have rode the giant and the trek and plan on checking out the specialized tomarow. Just curious what you tall guys are riding for a comfort bike? They feel good but they are just to cramped. I have heard the electra townie is big but the local shops around here have no mens in stock.
Old 05-25-09, 01:18 PM

Bikes: Moots, Litespeed, Cannondale

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
You might want to do a search for the Rans line of bikes-they have a CF design like the Townie, but are a little more performance oriented (Although I do think they have a "Performance" Townie out now). I have ridden several of the Rans line of CF design bikes and they are very comfortable and still zippy enough to keep up with your friends on the trail if you want...
Old 05-25-09, 02:01 PM
Have bike, will travel

Bikes: Ridley Helium SLX, Canyon Endurance SL, De Rosa Professional, Eddy Merckx Corsa Extra, Schwinn Paramount (1 painted, 1 chrome), Peugeot PX10, Serotta Nova X, Simoncini Cyclocross Special, Raleigh Roker, Pedal Force CG2 and CX2

Mentioned: 46 Post(s)
Quoted: 910 Post(s)
Liked 288 Times in 158 Posts
A Giant Cypress in a XL should work. I am 6 feet even and use a L sized Cyress and it's a little bit big for me. Which Giant did you try?

Michael
When I ride my bike I feel free and happy and strong. I'm liberated from the usual nonsense of day to day life. Solid, dependable, silent, my bike is my horse, my fighter jet, my island, my friend. Together we will conquer that hill and thereafter the world.