Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Winter Cycling
Reload this Page >

its just about summer now...

Search
Notices
Winter Cycling Don't let snow and ice discourage you this winter. The key element to year-round cycling is proper attire! Check out this winter cycling forum to chat with other ice bike fanatics.

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-09, 07:19 PM
bikes are sexy

Bikes: [2008 specialized allez tripple], [2006 Specialized hardrock sport], [1998 Robinson Rebel], [1980's vintage schwinn ministing], [2008 specialized epic comp] - [2009 origin8 scout 29er], [2005 KHS DJ200]

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

winter was beginning to be a real drag, i really was going nuts waiting for summer..

but damn, i do really miss riding to work in blizzard like conditions and making my coworkers look like jerks when they couldn't get there in their cars.

riding in blizzards was my favorite part of winter cycling. when your feet dip beneath the snow every revolution. the kind of stuff that's so hard to pedal in, but if you stop or lose momentum you will never get that thing moving again. you know what im talking about.
Old 05-30-09, 08:21 AM

Mentioned: 49 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 800 Post(s)
Liked 218 Times in 171 Posts
Originally Posted by Lebowski
winter was beginning to be a real drag, i really was going nuts waiting for summer..

but damn, i do really miss riding to work in blizzard like conditions and making my coworkers look like jerks when they couldn't get there in their cars.

riding in blizzards was my favorite part of winter cycling. when your feet dip beneath the snow every revolution. the kind of stuff that's so hard to pedal in, but if you stop or lose momentum you will never get that thing moving again. you know what im talking about.
This winter was my first with studded tires. My route is pretty well plowed but I had one day like described above. It was spoiled though because I knocked off my eyeglass mirror but the road was plowed enough that I should have been to find it easily. I spent about 45 minutes fruitlessly looking for it (on the Jamaicaway for the amusement of fellow Bostonians). That was one day I really needed it since cars were spinning out of control and the road was so bad I couldn't easily turn my head. Instead of triumphantly arriving at work before everyone else, I was late and everyone was worried and gave me grief.

PS: I just recalled that on that morning that I also pushed two cagers back on to the road because they didn't have enough traction to move.

Last edited by Jim from Boston; 05-30-09 at 04:26 PM.