Search
Notices
"The 33"-Road Bike Racing We set this forum up for our members to discuss their experiences in either pro or amateur racing, whether they are the big races, or even the small backyard races. Don't forget to update all the members with your own race results.

My weekend race plans

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-09, 04:11 PM
Cat3.*....Cat2

Bikes: A lot.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
My weekend race plans

Friday: Drive 4 hours to Indiana
Saturday Morning: Race Indiana State Champ. RR. 66 miles for the threes
Saturday Afternoon: Drive to Chicago area
Saturday (4ish) Race a 2/3 crit
Sleep sleep sleep
Sunday Morning: Race another crit
Drive back to Detroit area.

Sounds like fun.
Old 06-05-09, 04:19 PM
I eat carbide.

Bikes: Lots. Van Dessel and Squid Dealer

Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Quoted: 1325 Post(s)
Liked 1,306 Times in 560 Posts
Say hello to us when you get to winfield. I am racing the 4 on sat and sun. You can see what I look like in kit at me website. On the banner.

Www.psimet.com

Old 06-05-09, 06:33 PM
Cat 4

Bikes: Blue RC6AL - Rival Build

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by asmallsol
Friday: Drive 4 hours to Indiana
Saturday Morning: Race Indiana State Champ. RR. 66 miles for the threes
Saturday Afternoon: Drive to Chicago area
Saturday (4ish) Race a 2/3 crit
Sleep sleep sleep
Sunday Morning: Race another crit
Drive back to Detroit area.

Sounds like fun.
If only you had someone driving you around, then that would sound a lot more fun.
Old 06-06-09, 01:48 PM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Almost did the same thing but then realized I had to work...
Old 06-08-09, 04:48 AM
Cat3.*....Cat2

Bikes: A lot.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Well here is a brief recap.

Saturday's RR. HUGE field. 80+ riders. Course was pretty much pancake flat, so we were flying. Averaged 25 mph for the race and I really didn't even feel that bad at the end. In the final sprint someone went down hard a little in front of me. I avoided, and continued hammering. Got 13th. They paid out to 20, so to that race.

Saturday's 2/3 crit. Course was sweet. You went up a hill, make a turn, and then go screaming down a twisty neighborhood. Since it was only a 35 minute race, I think everyone's plan was to just go balls out. Averaged 26.0 mph with a 50 foot hill. We would be going ~35 down the back side. Almost scary fast. My goal was to survive. My buddy I was basically DFL in the pack the whole time, but in the pack none the less. Going up the back side hill, people towards the back would just pull out with no warning, causing decent size gaps. My buddy and I would close the gaps. On the final lap, I moved up a little bit (like 4 places lol) and finished 21st. Did I mention fast. Out of all the races I've ever done, that was by far the longest 35 minutes of my life. Looking at the results, 38 started, about 10 DNFed. I survived. I was happy.

Sunday's 3 crit. Much slower comparatively from the one the night before. Sq crit with a little hill on straight 3, and peaked at the turn. My teammate went for 2 of the primes, both towards the bottom of that hill. I sprinted from nearly the back, got in the very front and block. He won both them. In the sprint, the road was pretty nasty. I didn't really have the best position, and had no where to go in the last 40 meters or so. Kinda got pushed to the outside, finished a ho hum 14th. Overall, such a fun weekend.

My buddy who won the two primes, decided to have his hand at the pro/1/2 race. He survived.