Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Mountain Biking
Reload this Page >

Cannondale?

Search
Notices
Mountain Biking Mountain biking is one of the fastest growing sports in the world. Check out this forum to discuss the latest tips, tricks, gear and equipment in the world of mountain biking.

Cannondale?

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-09, 08:44 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Cannondale?

Finally a bike that looks legit on CL. Tell me what you think, I am 5 9 and am looking for a bike to get in shape in the mountains of santa cruz with and learn how to mountain bike. What do you guys think, I just talked to the guy and he is 45 said it is in great condition but it just makes his knees too sore to ride. Also he kept saying how "all my friends would be impressed" and that this bike would get me in killer shape. What do you guys think? He also said it has a lot of money in parts put in the bike too.

https://sfbay.craigslist.org/nby/bik/1214741143.html
Old 06-13-09, 09:04 PM
Baconator

Bikes: 1985 Peugeot PZ

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I'm not sure if a SS with Headshock should fetch that much.
Old 06-13-09, 09:17 PM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Ok, well what do u think this kind of bike can fetch
Old 06-13-09, 09:24 PM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Not sure if "all your friends would be impressed"..sounds like a used car salesman. Nothing special about the bike...if you are new to mt. biking, get a bike with gears, front shock, bike shop fitting, warranty, and support after you have been riding it. Will the single speed work? Sort of..but no way would I spend $550. for that soon to be 3 year old bike. Visit your local bike shop and test ride Hardrocks...even the Rockhoppers can be had at that price with some careful shopping.
Here is a excellent spec'd bike for $599....
https://www.rscycle.com/2008-Iron-Hor...7&category=531
Old 06-13-09, 10:27 PM

Bikes: Specialized Hardrock

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
You should try these guys.

https://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/bik/1220030936.html
Old 06-14-09, 12:46 AM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
now way that retailed 1400, it basically a SS F4, the f4 was $800, that bike prolly sold for 700 max when it was new, either way it was def under 1k, so the price they want is pretty stupid high, still a nice bike though
Old 06-14-09, 11:57 AM
I have senior moments...

Bikes: Many

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Originally Posted by jimx200
Not sure if "all your friends would be impressed"..sounds like a used car salesman. Nothing special about the bike...if you are new to mt. biking, get a bike with gears, front shock, bike shop fitting, warranty, and support after you have been riding it. Will the single speed work? Sort of..but no way would I spend $550. for that soon to be 3 year old bike. Visit your local bike shop and test ride Hardrocks...even the Rockhoppers can be had at that price with some careful shopping.
Here is a excellent spec'd bike for $599....
https://www.rscycle.com/2008-Iron-Hor...7&category=531
You're recommending he get an Iron Horse and a warranty all in the same post? How does that work?
Old 06-14-09, 09:55 PM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by bikinfool
You're recommending he get an Iron Horse and a warranty all in the same post? How does that work?
Works like this: Cannondale bike has NO warranty on frame or components (frame covered if original owner only) and at $550. it's overpriced for a 2-3 year old bike that was $700.-$800. new. IH is a great bang for the buck even if in bankruptcy...the frame will likely not be replaced if broken , but all the components would be covered under warranty by their mfg: Shimano, WTB, FSA, etc. And the IH is still a new bike and the Cdale is a used bike.
That said, the $550. mark puts him into other new hardtails and very decent components with some careful shopping.
Old 06-14-09, 10:45 PM
I have senior moments...

Bikes: Many

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Originally Posted by jimx200
Works like this: Cannondale bike has NO warranty on frame or components (frame covered if original owner only) and at $550. it's overpriced for a 2-3 year old bike that was $700.-$800. new. IH is a great bang for the buck even if in bankruptcy...the frame will likely not be replaced if broken , but all the components would be covered under warranty by their mfg: Shimano, WTB, FSA, etc. And the IH is still a new bike and the Cdale is a used bike.
That said, the $550. mark puts him into other new hardtails and very decent components with some careful shopping.
My comment was limited to buying from rscycle (relative of the IH boss), just forget about warranty on the frame. Cannondale isn't even a consideration IMHO...
Old 06-15-09, 10:57 PM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by bikinfool
My comment was limited to buying from rscycle (relative of the IH boss), just forget about warranty on the frame. Cannondale isn't even a consideration IMHO...
I see where you're coming from..were on the same page.