Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Mountain Biking
Reload this Page >

Driving From Coast To Coast

Search
Notices
Mountain Biking Mountain biking is one of the fastest growing sports in the world. Check out this forum to discuss the latest tips, tricks, gear and equipment in the world of mountain biking.

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-09, 06:23 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

So Im Moving from Richmond VA to Los Angeles, CA. Ill be stopping off in Nebraska to visit family. I figured this will propably be one of the few rare times I ever drive across the entire country and I have a little extra time and was thinking of hitting a few trails along the way.

I was hoping some of you guys could help me make up a bucket list of some of the great trails to go check out.

Slick rock is all I got off the top of my head.
Old 06-17-09, 10:30 PM

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Pike's Peak?
Old 06-17-09, 11:29 PM
use your best eye

Bikes: '75 Bertin, '93 Parkpre Team 925, '04 Kona King Kikapu, '05 Bianchi Vigorelli

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Hit Fruita just before Moab.
Old 06-20-09, 07:19 PM

Bikes: Kona Dawg Deluxe

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Moab! Zion Nat'l Park in Utah is a must see. Maybe Red Rock Park in Nevada.
Old 06-22-09, 07:45 AM
Gravity Is Yer Friend

Bikes: Scott Gambler, Scott Ransom, Kona Bear, Bianchi 928 Carbon/Chorus, C'Dale Rize4

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
If you are coming across on the 10 ...

Boulder City (just outside of Vegas) were Bootleg Canyon is located. It is known better for it's DH but there are some good XC/AM trails as well.

There are also some decent trails around the Phoenix area with South Mountain being one of the better known area.
Once in CA you can hit up Big Bear but that is only 1.5hr drive out of L.A. so you could hit that any time.

If you come into CA from the Northern side and during the summer early fall then ...

After hitting up Utah (Zion, Moab, etc etc etc) head into Lake Taho. Lots of beautiful riding there and also North Star for lift assisted riding.
Then over to Mammoth.

Once you get settled in L.A. head over to SoCalTrailRiders, it is a local board that is very active where us locals set up rides on almost a daily basis.
Where in L.A.? It is a BIG place. Also, there are some very epic trails in and around the L.A. area and depending on where in L.A. you are you may have to drive a bit to get to a good trail OR you may be able to ride right our your front door.