Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Clydesdales/Athenas (200+ lb / 91+ kg)
Reload this Page >

Rolling up bibs at bottom?

Search
Notices
Clydesdales/Athenas (200+ lb / 91+ kg) Looking to lose that spare tire? Ideal weight 200+? Frustrated being a large cyclist in a sport geared for the ultra-light? Learn about the bikes and parts that can take the abuse of a heavier cyclist, how to keep your body going while losing the weight, and get support from others who've been successful.

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-09, 04:14 AM

Bikes: 2009 BMC SLX01/2016 Santa Cruz Bronson

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 1 Post

I'm 5'11", I have been using XXL bib shorts. I often have to fold over the bottom of my bib shorts a couple times because they are to long. When I was fitted I was told I have really short legs.

Anyone else have this problem? Anyone know of a pair of good quality bib shorts that have a short inseam?
Old 06-19-09, 11:59 AM
Serious Newbie

Bikes: Walmart Special

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I have the same problem with normal shorts and its not because of short legs, but because of a low waist line.
Old 06-19-09, 12:13 PM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I've noticed that some reviews for the Falconi bib shorts, sold by love2pedal.com, have said that the legs run a bit on the shorter side. The seller has a generous return policy, so you could give them a try and see how they fit.
Old 06-19-09, 02:19 PM

Bikes: Cervelo RS, Specialized Stumpjumper FSR Pro, Schwinn Typhoon, Nashbar touring, custom steel MTB

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Originally Posted by gw360
I've noticed that some reviews for the Falconi bib shorts, sold by love2pedal.com, have said that the legs run a bit on the shorter side. The seller has a generous return policy, so you could give them a try and see how they fit.
I own 5 pairs of the Falconi bibs. As far as I can tell, the legs are comparable in length to all of the other lycra shorts I own...
Old 06-19-09, 08:43 PM

Bikes: Trek Portland/Gary Fisher Hoo Koo E Koo/LeMond Versailles

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
My Falconi shorts come just above the knee, both bib as well as the baggy variety. I would prefer them to be a little shorter, but technically I think for me they are the length they are supposed to be.
Old 06-19-09, 09:21 PM
just pedal

Bikes: Surly Disc Trucker, trek 560

Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
also found the falconis to be the same length as my other similarly sized shorts... and would also prefer a smidge shorter... or tighter at the cuff... I've got thunder thighs but chicken legs... so it's a smidge loose at the cuff
Old 06-21-09, 12:02 AM

Bikes: '92 22" Cannondale M2000, '92 Cannondale R1000 Tandem, another modern Canndondale tandem, Two Holy Grail '86 Cannondale ST800s 27" (68.5cm) Touring bike w/Superbe Pro components and Phil Wood hubs. A bunch of other 27" ST frames & bikes.

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 110 Post(s)
Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
Whats the problem with them being too long? I'd love to have some 'knicker' bibs.
Old 06-21-09, 12:24 AM
just pedal

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
...knickers are fine and well... I'd like a pair myself... but it's when they sit right under the back of the knee they rub around the joint... it'll realy hurt with a long enough ride...
Old 06-22-09, 10:58 AM

Bikes: '92 22" Cannondale M2000, '92 Cannondale R1000 Tandem, another modern Canndondale tandem, Two Holy Grail '86 Cannondale ST800s 27" (68.5cm) Touring bike w/Superbe Pro components and Phil Wood hubs. A bunch of other 27" ST frames & bikes.

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 110 Post(s)
Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
Originally Posted by donalson
...knickers are fine and well... I'd like a pair myself... but it's when they sit right under the back of the knee they rub around the joint... it'll realy hurt with a long enough ride...
Gotta take your word for it.

I swear all my bibs & shorts feel like I'm wearing 'Sugar shorts'. I really wish they made 'em proportional...
Old 06-22-09, 11:05 AM
just pedal

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
er sorry talking about the bands sitting around the knee... I have some leg warmers that gets used a few times a year... I found if the bottom rode up and I didn't pull them down i'd have a nice little rub rash behind the knee