Search
Notices
Track Cycling: Velodrome Racing and Training Area Looking to enter into the realm of track racing? Want to share your experiences and tactics for riding on a velodrome? The Track Cycling forums is for you! Come in and discuss training/racing, equipment, and current track cycling events.

FSA carbon pro vs Sugino 75

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-09, 04:11 PM
Sll

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
FSA carbon pro vs Sugino 75

A set of FSA pro track cranks came on the bike I just purchased, but I already have a set of 75s I could put on as well. Any one have a suggestion on which might be better? Are they comparable or are the 75s a better set? I can't seem to find a ton about the FSA just tiny mentions here and there. Thanks.
Old 06-22-09, 10:11 PM
asleep at the wheel

Bikes: Custom Richie Ditta Track Bike, Eddie Merckx Corsa, Marioni Custom Pista, Dolan Cyclocross

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I love Sugino 75s. Stiff, long lasting and reliable. Whether they or the FSA track track pros are the better crank I'm not sure but my gut would take the 75s over the track pros just because I've raced on the same crank for years without issue.

Do you have a matching BB (ISO taper) for the 75s? That could make the difference for you
Old 06-22-09, 10:20 PM
Sll

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Yeah, I already have the set ups for both cranks. The Sugino's were on my now "old" bike and the FSA came on the new. Maybe its going to come down to just putting time on both and making the decision.
Old 06-23-09, 05:55 AM
Run What 'Ya Brung

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
FSA products are garbage, while Sugino 75 is a first-rate, professional-level product. Stick with the Suginos and try to sell the FSA before the rest of the world wises up.
Old 06-25-09, 01:36 PM
Elitist

Mentioned: 88 Post(s)
Quoted: 1386 Post(s)
Liked 92 Times in 77 Posts
Originally Posted by bonechilling
FSA products are garbage, while Sugino 75 is a first-rate, professional-level product. Stick with the Suginos and try to sell the FSA before the rest of the world wises up.
That's not true. At least half of the racers that I know use FSA chain rings. I know world champions that use them. I have 4 (48, 49, 50, & 51). They are half the price of Campy and Dura Ace, but just as good.

Have a look for yourself. There are about 10 bikes using them in this thread: https://www.fixedgearfever.com/module...er=asc&start=0
Old 06-25-09, 02:02 PM
Run What 'Ya Brung

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
To be clear, their track rings are just fine, because they don't have to shift, and yes, they're a good value. The quality of the FSA Carbon Pro crank is suspect, as is the increasingly hard-to-find bottom bracket. The quality of FSA ten-speed chainring is terrible, which is how they came to earn the nickname Front Shifting Abnormalities.
Old 06-30-09, 10:36 AM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Theres a reason most mechanics wont put anyone on FSA..... Fuc#ed, Stuck, and abandoned!

Th FSA track cranks arent that heavy witch is nice but they are flexy pieces of garbage. The ISIS BB that comes with them is also a pile of crap. In fact nowa days most ISIS BB's spin like **** compared to the origional Race Face Signature serries ones. (circa 2002).

For the record FSA rings arent bad on track. They are fairly round witch is nice, but in no way shape or form as nice as a Dura-Ace or Sugino ring. Not in a million years.

Take the FSA off and sell it to some punk hippster, run the 75's.