Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Tandem Cycling
Reload this Page >

Is Tandem Duo Carbon fork worth upgrade?

Search
Notices
Tandem Cycling A bicycle built for two. Want to find out more about this wonderful world of tandems? Check out this forum to talk with other tandem enthusiasts. Captains and stokers welcome!

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-09, 06:26 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

We have a Primera Co-motion tandem. We love the bike but where we ride the road tend to be very rough and I feel a lot of road buzz on my hands. I do have a carbon handlebar. My main reason for considering the Tandem Duo fork is if it will the ride smoother, especially when we go for 3 or 4 hour rides. This is our second tandem, the first being a Trek 1000 and overall I find the Co-motion a much nicer bike than the Trek. I do plan in the future to purchase one more tandem with a full carbon frame so I could use the Tandem Duo fork then. We have do have front and rear disk brakes which I really like when we do tours in the mountains. Any advise would help.
Thanks
Old 06-26-09, 11:07 AM

Bikes: Custom Zona c/f tandem + Scott Plasma single

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 77 Post(s)
Liked 19 Times in 11 Posts
You bet! Go fgor it.
Old 06-26-09, 12:52 PM

Bikes: Kestrel Talon; Giant NRS Air; Litespeed Tuscany; Burley Rivazza; Cerverlo RS; BMC SLX01; Litespeed C1r, Merckx Corsa 01, Schwinn Traveller, Brompton M6L

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
I have tried 3 different Carbon handlebars on my singles and found some do a better job of dampening road buzz. I guess some are designed only to reduce weight. The FSA K-Wing does a very good job of dampening road buzz but they are not the lightest carbon bars out there. They are usually 50g+ heavier than advertised.