Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > General Cycling Discussion
Reload this Page >

Sizing Correlation between Adistar Ultra to Sidi Genius 6.6 - Help Please

Notices
General Cycling Discussion Have a cycling related question or comment that doesn't fit in one of the other specialty forums? Drop on in and post in here! When possible, please select the forum above that most fits your post!

Old 07-03-09, 11:11 AM

Bikes: Yes please

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 536 Post(s)
Liked 308 Times in 199 Posts

A month and a half ago, I came across a very very good deal on a pair of full carbon Adidas Adistar Ultra shoes and bought a 43 1/3 (9 1/2 US according to Adidas) having size 42 2/3 (9 US) Adidas mountain shoes and feeling slightly tight (actually numbing on the left foot after 25 miles as I found out last weekend).

I liked the roomy toe box, and two lower wire-pull velcro straps. The sole was very stiff, and did not produce any hot spots (46 mile longest ride with regular 34 mile rides). However, after exactly 1 month of use and 154 miles, the left toe box ahemmm, started liberating itself from the CF sole as in the attached photos.

Long story short, via the help of the shop I bought them from, we have returned them to Mavic for repair/exchange. Yesterday, I got word that they were neither repairing, nor exchanging them . However, they were providing "some" credit because I bought them on clearance. It turned out that the credit they provided is much more than what I paid for the shoes, and the store I bought them from is having a sale on the SIDI Genius 6.6 shoes. I was able to buy a pair of size 43 (9 US according to SIDI). At the shop I tried the 43 1/2 (9 1/2 US) and it felt like the 43s "hugged" my feet better. However I'm still not sure if I should have gotten the 43 1/2 size pair or not as I don't know how they will feel after 30-40 miles of riding.

In the 43s, I can wiggle my toes a bit but not as much as I was able to in the Adidas. Because it is a clearance item, the store will not accept return/exchange once I install cleats on the SIDIs. Do you recommend moving one size up? Or, if you have experience with both brands, can you please tell me what sizes you are riding in both? If it helps, my regular sneakers/running shoes go between 8 1/2 - 9.

Thanks,
Ihsan
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
AdiStarUltra_315 (Large).JPG (40.5 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg
AdiStarUltra_318 (Large).JPG (60.5 KB, 1 views)