Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Mountain Biking
Reload this Page >

Beginner mtbiker

Notices
Mountain Biking Mountain biking is one of the fastest growing sports in the world. Check out this forum to discuss the latest tips, tricks, gear and equipment in the world of mountain biking.

Beginner mtbiker

Old 07-01-04, 06:28 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Beginner mtbiker

hi there,ive been a roadie for six years and prior to that i raced Mx for 4 years.but now i want to start doing downhill racing or xc.what i need to know is which is better to sdtart off with and what bike should i buy for my level/interest in the mentioned classes.please i am in need of serious info,because ive got the money go buy a bike now but as u have read....what do i do?
Old 07-01-04, 07:02 AM
Withdrawal Symptoms!

Bikes: Specialized Hardrock Sport Disc 2004 And identit Dr Jekyll

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
How much money do u have to spend? the $1500 to $2000 mark will give you A LOT of cchioces on deciding on a DH bike... How serious about downhilling will you be doing?
Old 07-01-04, 07:05 AM
Withdrawal Symptoms!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Oh, didnt read your post properly, if you are looking at doing XC, then you can pick up a very competitive bike for $1000 its ultimately down to how much money you have, how serious you are about it, and what your planning on doing...

Once you tell us how much you have to spend, we will be able to give you a better choice of bike
Old 07-01-04, 08:12 AM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
ive got about $2500 to spend on a bike and some equipment..shoes,helmet etc.i am more fascinated with DH and i am very serious,when i start, i go all out..i wanna compete and travel..so im pretty much serioud about it,just gotta start somewhere.
Old 07-01-04, 08:12 AM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
ive got about $2500 to spend on a bike and some equipment..shoes,helmet etc.i am more fascinated with DH and i am very serious,when i start, i go all out..i wanna compete and travel..so im pretty much serioud about it,just gotta start somewhere.
Old 07-01-04, 08:41 AM
Withdrawal Symptoms!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
$2500 gives you alot of money to play with.... As im from the UK, i can only advise you on brands like specialized, Kona, trek, because the UK doesnt have companies such as rocky mojntain and Jamis, i cant recommend any of these to you as i dont know much about them

For your money, you can buy a Specialized Bighit comp - https://www.specialized.com/SBCBkMode...m8h8b6z.j27003

cant say anything else, i gotta go out...

Other people will help you out a bit more, but for me the Bighit will do you nicely it will also leave you about $500 to buy helmets, Gloves, pads, bags, whatever else you need