Search
Notices
Mountain Biking Mountain biking is one of the fastest growing sports in the world. Check out this forum to discuss the latest tips, tricks, gear and equipment in the world of mountain biking.

Learsport

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-04, 02:26 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Learsport

Hello all,
this would be my first post so i will make it simple.
Im planing to get a new bike.
My current bike is a Mongoose DX 3-1. Steel Frame alloy rims the usual stuff, Its a fully rigid frame and has served me well for the last 4 and a half years. im just looking for soemthing with a more little bang. I'm sick of bouncing around the trails and am looking for something a little more suspended.
I'm not looking for your suggestions on what bike i will eventually buy but im more looking for information about specific dealers.
I have a few places im interested in. so far i have found out a lot about each place. But information about a bike company called https://www.learsport.com.au/ (lear Sport) illudes me.

Have any of you bought bikes from here or do you know anything about their setup???? Im looking for more information please help

thanks
-gonzo
Old 07-02-04, 04:50 AM
Ride bike or bike ride?

Bikes: MongoosePro DH, Dart custom road bike, .243 Racing FR street bike

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Welcome to the forums. Have fun...

Having a quick look at the bikes on that website, they seem pretty dodgy.
Also I looked at their top line DH bike, it was expensive for what it was. Mind you it did have hydraulic disc brakes and Deore drivetrain.

But that bike does not warrant it's price tag.

Then again the top line XC bike seems to be reasonably well spec'd out. Still it is kind of expensive for what it is.

Also I have never heard of Learsport, so they may have OK frames, but I would have thought I'd have heard of them if they were good. To me they look pretty similar to Walmart bikes.

This is just my opinion, feel free to argue against it.
Old 07-02-04, 05:49 AM
Withdrawal Symptoms!

Bikes: Specialized Hardrock Sport Disc 2004 And identit Dr Jekyll

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Hmmm... The Allterrain II bike looks ok, but the rest seem like X mart bikes...

Go to your LBS, they will point you in the right direction for a bike...
Old 07-02-04, 06:50 AM

Bikes: Lots

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Guys, bear in mind the prices listed on the website are probably Austrailian Dollars. The current exchange rate is 1 AUD = .71 USD.

Therefore their $900 AUD equals about $638 USD.

I will add, by just looking at the design and the components listed, I'd look elsewhere.

Those bikes are barely one step above mass merchant bikes. The ALTERRAIN II is the only thing I would consider as close to decent. However for the money, I'd buy a hardtail with a much better reputation and warranty.

L8R
"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming, "WOW, What a Ride!" - unknown
"Your Bike Sucks" - Sky Yaeger
Old 07-04-04, 01:07 AM
GIANT

Bikes: 2004 giant xtc3

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
yeah i 'm from australia and have seen and been inside the learsport warehouse , and yeah they are considered almost schwinn, walmart bikes.. i wouldn't suggest you get it, though its got a good warranty. However the people that sell the bikes know nothing about it!!!. LOL i went and had a look and the salesmen was even asking the questions (about how it works). Their top range are okay XTR back and front with Duke XC but if you look for an afterservice don't expect much, no feedback or anything.