Go Back  Bike Forums > Community Connections > Introductions
Reload this Page >

Greetings from Ohio

Search
Notices
Introductions Welcome to the BikeForums community! Please introduce yourself to other forum members here.

Greetings from Ohio

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-09, 11:53 AM

Bikes: 2006 Giant FCR1, 2008 Giant OCR A0

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Greetings from Ohio

I've actually been hanging around here for a few years lurking...decided to finally post an intro.
My name is Quentin, and I've lived in the Columbus area my entire life (all 45+ years) and have always enjoyed cycling. My best friend and I used to ride all over the city when we were in our teens before we were old enough to drive, and I bought by first bike store bike (a Concord 12 speed) when I got my first real job at 16. Through the mid-late 80's and early 90's, I rode with a club called Kickin' Asphalt. I was one of the original members. During that time, the Concord was replaced with a 1990 Diamond Back Interval. In '93, I made the mistake of marrying a non-cyclist <gasp>. I really missed riding, and after my son was born in '96, I bought an inexpensive Hybrid, a Raleigh C-30 with a seat for him so I could ride him around. He loved it. Bought the wife a C-30 too, but it didn't change anything. Later bought a Trek Mountain Trail so he could ride with me.
I went to a bike store in 2006 for the first time in a long time to look for a new bike for my son, and wow...bikes have come a long way. I got hooked all over again and ordered a Giant FCR1. :-) I got tired of the flat bar and numb hands after a couple years and bought a Giant OCR A0 last year (2008) at the end of the season on sale. Loving it so far, and I'm still kicking myself for selling my old Diamond Back Interval. Just recently bought a 2009 Look 566 frame and had it built up with 2008 Rival the shop owner had laying around. Love the bike, but now the OCR A0 feels slow and heavy. I need to stay out of bike shops for a while since another bike isn't in the budget.

Mostly my riding has been confined to the neighborhood and trails with an occasional group ride. I prefer road riding, never done MTN. I did do TOSRV once back in 1990 or 91, but even back then, I enjoyed the 25-50 mile rides more. I usually ride about 125-150 miles/week.

My motivation to ride...enjoyment. Exercise is a bonus, but a good one. I lost about 20 LBs last year and hope to lose another 15-20 this year. Currently down to 192 from 220 LBs.

My current bikes:
https://www.bikeforums.net/showthread...71#post9378616

The old Diamond Back Interval I shouldn't have sold a few years ago...

Last edited by qwalls; 07-29-09 at 05:14 PM.
Old 07-29-09, 01:28 PM

Bikes: Specialized Allez, Specialized Sirrus

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Welcome to Bike Forums, Quentin. That's a nice bike.

Forum Guidelines *click here*
Old 07-29-09, 02:09 PM

Bikes: 2006 Giant FCR1, 2008 Giant OCR A0

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanks CbadRider.